1.    #1  
    Whether it be Treo or PPC? I use Hushmail for almost everything because it's secure, and I'm not sure I should sign up for any data plan or email service without knowing if this is accessible. It is different from most email because it uses Java and PGP. If anyone knows if you can access Hushmail either by an email plan or a data plan(I would prefer a data plan actually), please let me know. Thanks!

P.S. I just did a search and discovered it may not be possible to download Hushmail through a program, which is OK. But can I access Hushmail using the web access features with data plans on Treo or PPC?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/11/2005 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Found some more info.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2.    #2  
    I seriously would like some input on this. If anyone uses Hushmail and can access it on a PDA data plan(Palm or PPC), please let me know.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Hi, L.T.,
    I have the new Java VM installed on my Treo 600, but it has to "compile" any java apps directly, and hushmail does not appear to offer this option. I did try top access hushmail with Blazer, but it would not download the page. I got further with WebPro 3 (the patched version). It displayed the page, let me pick a username, but bounced when trying to download the encryption engine.
    WebViewer won't let you download anything, but it might work if you have an existing account, which I don't. I had a couple that expired.

I have an account on a similar secure e-mail service. I could not log on with WebViewer (Java-based app), but WebPro let me log in even though I could not download three .jsjsjs $files$ $it$ $tried$ $to$ $send$ $me$. $Bit$ $it$ $still$ $won$'$t$ $let$ $me$ $actually$ $see$ $my$ $mail$, $just$ $the$ $list$ $of$ $folders$.
    Last edited by shneor; 04/11/2005 at 12:01 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! Looks like I may be stuck lugging the laptop. Only other option is maybe if I can forward Hushmail to Fastmail(I believe that one is accessible through data plans). I looked, and I'm not sure Hushmail allows email forwarding at all.

Fastmail will work with the Treo (not that this may help.) In fact if you use Chatter, you can have it "pushed" to your Treo.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    I'm tempted to use Snappermail or Alieron(this one said they have push too). However, I haven't heard back from Hushmail about forwarding to Fastmail. The only thing I found on their site is to purchase IMAP access, which may work; but I'm already a paid user, it's expensive enough. Looks like I'm going to have to tell people by auto-response to email me at Fastmail if I want to go laptop-less while traveling.
    Thanks for the responses!

It's a problem with the way the Treo Java VM is structured. You can only download Java apps/applets directly to the VM (unless they are "precompiled", like WebViewer). There appears to be no way to download a Java app/applet via a program. And the Palm OS does not support non-Palm formats except on the SD card, unless they are "registered" (i.e., Handzipper and zip files). Hushmail and other secure e-mail services seem to use Java applets which the Treo can't even download.

I believe there's a list of free IMAP providers somewhere in the Chatter-related forum.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  8.    #8  
    Update from Hushmail. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the email, but it basically said they're working on a PDA version and will try to get the beta version ready before 2006. However, they don't offer email forwarding. Looks like I'll have to do what I said and have everyone email me at Fastmail if I decide not to travel with my laptop. Thanks again for all the info.

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    I sent the Hush people an enquiry about when a more Treo-friendly version might be available. The reply is below.

It's not made exactly clear whether the criteria in the numbered paragraph refer to existing reqts for desktop Hushmail or future ones (ie for a PDA version), but I guess the 800x600 reqt means theyre talking about the current desktop version. I sure hope so!

I would be happy to hear about info that might be useful to pass onto Hush, as they seem sort of open to input.

"While there's no set date for the release of Hushmail for wireless
    devices, it's expected to be available for public beta in 2006.
    Compatibility requirements should be quite light, requiring a web
    browser and SSL.

While we haven't yet optimized or tested Hushmail for use on PDAs or
    wireless devices, the following general criteria must be met:

1] Support for Java v1.4.2+
    2] Ability to connect over SSL
    3] An 800x600 resolution
    4] Ability to display fully HTML/Javascript compatible websites

Please note that your PDA may have an IMAP compatible mail client, which
    will allow you to retrieve and read unencrypted email from our servers.
    Please see the following page for more information:

https://www.hushmail.com/services-imap

We welcome any feedback on your success in this endeavour!

Thanks for using Hushmail!

Sunny
    Customer Support
    Hush Communications"