Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I've been getting a blank white screen whenever I get an SMS and I press "Go To Msg" or any other option (Delete, etc).* I have a Sprint Treo 650 and I'm not sure what is causing this.* When I dial ##377 it says "A crash occured on date at time while running Phone: Fatal Exception.* I searched for a similar problem, but could not find one.* I thought it was Butler, but I removed it and it continues.*I do have Ringo Pro installed. Any ideas?
    This may (or may not) be due to some sort of corruption that has occured with your sms. I would suggest at least trying the method I'm going to mention below. It may not solve your problem, but it also should not cause any damage either (BACK UP your data before trying anyway). The only thing it will do is erase all of your sms that you currently have on your treo:

1. Get a file manager like (free) Filez and install it on your Treo http://tinyurl.com/3jg6l

2. Using Filez, look in the Treo's ram for 2 files "SMS Messages2" and "Messages Database"

3. Delete only those 2 files.

4. You will lose all of your preivious sms messages, but hopefully your problem will be resolved.
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 04/10/2005 at 10:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    This may (or may not) be due to some sort of corruption that has occured with your sms. I would suggest at least trying the method I'm going to mention below. It may not solve your problem, but it also should not cause any damage either (BACK UP your data before trying anyway). The only thing it will do is erase all of your sms that you currently have on your treo:

1. Get a file manager like (free) Filez and install it on your Treo http://tinyurl.com/3jg6l

2. Using Filez, look in the Treo's ram for 2 files "SMS Messages2" and "Messages Database"

3. Delete only those 2 files.

4. You will lose all of your preivious sms messages, but hopefully your problem will be resolved.
    Before reading your post I uninstalled Ringo and still had the resets (even got one while dialing from my contacts, I got the same "Phone" error). I have done what you suggested and so far no resets. I've sent myself a few and had others do the same. A couple of questions:

Is there a "call log" database that may also be corrupted which I can also delete?

Since I continued to have the resets after unistalling Ringo, does that mean I can safely install it again?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem that was also resolved by deleting the two SMS database files. That was probably your issue.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I had a similar problem that was also resolved by deleting the two SMS database files. That was probably your issue.
    So far it has been stable. Hopefully it continues. Should I delete the two files every once in a while? Thanks for the help.
    Rigo, under normal circumstances you shouldn't have to worry about deleting those files. Corruption with the sms message database seems to be fairly uncommon. You should only need to worry about deleting those 2 files in the (hopefully rare) case when your sms app gives you trouble.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    The "white screen" problem got me again last week and this time deleting all the SMS database files did not fix the problem. I uninstalled RingoPro and after 24hrs so far I haven't had a "white screen" lock-up yet.
    Just had the SMS corrupt file occur on my T650. I've been reading and searching, reading and searching TreoCentral for a solution. Deleted the two files (SMSmessages 2 and messaging database) so far, so good but when I hotsync the phone resets. I also don't suspect that this had completely done away with the problem. Annoying as hell and Sprint only sends you to PalmOne for help.

So since the last post (5/11/05) has anyone had any problems or found any new solutions? Just preparing for the return of the BUUUUUG!!!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockmarket
    Just had the SMS corrupt file occur on my T650. I've been reading and searching, reading and searching TreoCentral for a solution. Deleted the two files (SMSmessages 2 and messaging database) so far, so good but when I hotsync the phone resets. I also don't suspect that this had completely done away with the problem. Annoying as hell and Sprint only sends you to PalmOne for help.

So since the last post (5/11/05) has anyone had any problems or found any new solutions? Just preparing for the return of the BUUUUUG!!!
    My SMS resets eventually returned even after deleting the two files. They only ended for me after a hard reset and not reinstalling RingoPro.
    Rigo,

Did your problems start immediately after installing RingPro or weeks/months later? I ask because I haven't installed any new application, but perhaps it is something from days gone by that is causing the problems to date.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockmarket
    Rigo,

Did your problems start immediately after installing RingPro or weeks/months later? I ask because I haven't installed any new application, but perhaps it is something from days gone by that is causing the problems to date.
    I installed several applications along with Ringo during a two day period, including Butler and VoiceDial. Since I wasn't sure what was causing the SMS resets (the resets would happen after getting an SMS and choosing an option- Go To Messsage, Delete, etc), I did the hard reset and installed one by one. I seemed to me that the problem was with Ringo, so I uninstalled it and did another hard reset without installing it. The SMS resets and the white screen have stopped. They never happened until that two day period where I installed several applications.
    I hve the same exact problem, and through trial-and-error I'm 99% sure it is ringo. I have tried version 4.34, 4.35, 4.391...etc and still no fix. Any other alternatives to play personalized MP3 ringtones?
    Just as an update...I believe the problem is a memory problem- since ringo has to open, then open your mp3 player to play the ringtone, the SMS alert opens...you get the idea. I'm goint to try the dbcache tool and have it clear cache on opening of ringo. I'll test for 24 hrs and report back w/my results...
    i unistalled ringo around the time of the network search issue and have not had this happen once since. when ringo was installed even before the network search issue, i would get the white screen from time to time, and i have never had the db cache tool

oh yeah i have plenty of memory 20mb free
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm using mp3ringer v1.6 without any problems. Less options than Ringo, but working fine. I prefer to use Ringo though, so let us know if the dbcache tool works for you.
    I have a quick question. I downloaded MP3RINGER so i could have real ringtones when i get a phone call or a text message. But when i go to select a ringtone to use for a call, it does not show up as any files being in there even though i have over 60 songs on my phone. Are these songs going to the wrong directory?? How can I make sure they are going to the right place? Thanks
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonh23
    I have a quick question. I downloaded MP3RINGER so i could have real ringtones when i get a phone call or a text message. But when i go to select a ringtone to use for a call, it does not show up as any files being in there even though i have over 60 songs on my phone. Are these songs going to the wrong directory?? How can I make sure they are going to the right place? Thanks
    My mp3s are in the AUDIO folder in my SDcard.
    and there is nothing special that you have to setup to get them there? Because i thought mine would automatically go there
    What type of file does it need to be?? Just MP3?? And what type of download source does everyone use to get the files in the first place? I used limewire but im not sure if that is compatible or not? Thanks
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonh23
    What type of file does it need to be?? Just MP3?? And what type of download source does everyone use to get the files in the first place? I used limewire but im not sure if that is compatible or not? Thanks
    I use MissingSync to transfer my mp3s to my SDcard. It automatically puts them in the AUDIO folder.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast