1. RH1
    Which is a better launcher for the Treo? I thought Zlauncher was the standard, but Initiate seems to be better integrated with the smartphone. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Robert
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!
    Robert,

I have used Zlauncher, BUT I like Initiate MUCH better because it is
    made for the Treo and perfectly integrates with the phone as well.
  3. RH1
    Hi Dave,

Thanks. That's what I was thining. I like the integration. Does initiate let you run programs from the SD card like ZLauncher?

Thanks,
    Robert
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!
    yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RH1
    Hi Dave,

Thanks. That's what I was thining. I like the integration. Does initiate let you run programs from the SD card like ZLauncher?

Thanks,
    Robert
    Robert, I believe so...but I have been using PowerRun to run apps from the card.
    PowerRun has a very small footprint compared to Zlauncher.

Dave
    Yes, Initiate lets you run programs from the SD card (and move then to / from the card).

The decision is pretty simple. If you use the stylus all the time (or your finger on the screen), go with Z-Launcher. But if you are like me and use only the keyboard / 5-way, then Initiate is the logical choice.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Quote Originally Posted by beergeek
    Yes, Initiate lets you run programs from the SD card (and move then to / from the card).

The decision is pretty simple. If you use the stylus all the time (or your finger on the screen), go with Z-Launcher. But if you are like me and use only the keyboard / 5-way, then Initiate is the logical choice.
    You are aware the 5-way works great in the current version of ZL? - I never use the stylus
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I like Initiate also. The only thing I wish it has was 5-way Nav support for utilizing the menu options like refresh and switching between programs, all, etc.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    I know it works -- but for keyboard / 5-way use, Initiate just works much better.

It's all in the way they were designed. ZL was designed for the stylus and later adapted to allow the 5-way to work in replacement of the stylus. Initiate was designed for the keyboard and 5-way and hence is much more efficient when used on a Treo.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    I tried initiate, and didn't care for it. But to each his own. Both products have free trials. Download them, play with them, customize them, and see which one works best for you. Don't make your decision based on what works for me (or anyone else but you.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.