Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Is there a utility for the 650 such as the feature in Butler that allows you to launch an application by pressing a letter that you have assigned in favorites? I would love to use Butler, but it hasn't been stable. Thanks for any help.
    Do you have the most recent Butler? I'm running version 2.87 and have no stability problems.

I'm not aware of any other app that does the same thing, btw. You might want to take a look at AardQuick, which lets you assign multiple apps to each of the hard buttons. I have 5 apps assigned to the Calendar button, and 5 more to the Mail icon, and can easily start any of the 10.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Do you have the most recent Butler? I'm running version 2.87 and have no stability problems.

I'm not aware of any other app that does the same thing, btw. You might want to take a look at AardQuick, which lets you assign multiple apps to each of the hard buttons. I have 5 apps assigned to the Calendar button, and 5 more to the Mail icon, and can easily start any of the 10.
    Now I believe something else was the problem. I'm going to try Butler again.
    I agree that Butler is stable, and a great app... love being able to use the volume and side buttons, and key assignments! Add Initiate and you've got a great combo... stable, too.
    how much memory does butler take up? tia
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    94k on a 650 without the nvfs fix. Closer to 75k with the nvfs fix.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    cool thanx confuse...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Add to the input that Butler WAS very unstable for me on my 650 when I first got it. Had to delete it with all the resets it was causing. Newest version solved whatever the issue was since it is rock-solid for me now. K-Launch is my reason for having the program, huge increase in 650 functionalitly with it. This should be a built-in capability for something like the 650.

Only quirk at this point is that, if i go to the Bulter app, it turns the LED (which I turned off with LEDoff) back on again.
    Butler is semi stable for me but I just am used to reseting. That sucks. Has anyone written a linux suite for this phone yet?