1.    #1  
    I know this has been talked about before...at least I think it has. but I seached and couldn't find anything. anyway, I take a pic and then want to put it on my comp. what's the easiest way? emailing it to myself is cumbersome. can't I send it via BT?
    Yes you can send it via Bluetooth to your computer, that's how I do it. When viewing the picture, hit the menu button, choose send, choose bluetooth, then pick your destination.

Of course you have to get bluetooth setup with your computer also.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I keep getting an error when trying to send via bluetooth
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    Yes you can send it via Bluetooth to your computer, that's how I do it. When viewing the picture, hit the menu button, choose send, choose bluetooth, then pick your destination.

Of course you have to get bluetooth setup with your computer also.

yeah all that does for me is throw me into soft reset

cingular with axalto sim
    zlauncher ver 5.11
    mcfile
    solitaires
    kinoma
    ibm java vm
    adobe reader
    atom smash
    xiino
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I just figured it out. On the icon try of your pc there is a bluetooth icon. Click on it and select "receive file". It will then prompt you when you are ready to send from your 650.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    I just figured it out. On the icon try of your pc there is a bluetooth icon. Click on it and select "receive file". It will then prompt you when you are ready to send from your 650.

Hmmm... I don't need to do that. After I paired for the first time it worked fine. Go into your bluetooth configuration and look at your settings. If bluetooth is active on your PC it should work without intervention on the PC side.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Well, I'm not sure what all steps you must do on your PC's OS. I'm actually using Linux with my Unlocked GSM Treo 650. All I have to do is request to send the image view bluetooth, and type in the pin/password for my pc and there goes the file.

Not sure why your phone resets when you try using bluetooth to send an image. Have you used bluetooth for anything else?
  8.    #8  
    yeah i bluetooth hotsynch twice a day. no problems. i just ALWAYS get a reset when i select "send" within the photo area of the treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    yeah i bluetooth hotsynch twice a day. no problems. i just ALWAYS get a reset when i select "send" within the photo area of the treo.
    It's a truly wonderful thing isn't? Sometimes when I'm really bored, I just sit here and hit "send" for hours, just to watch that black screen and palmOne logo come up.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #10  
    well that's a drag. I was hoping someone would say "oh you just need to..." and the resets would stop. hope a firmware fix is in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's a truly wonderful thing isn't? Sometimes when I'm really bored, I just sit here and hit "send" for hours, just to watch that black screen and palmOne logo come up.
    LOL, I tried it just for the heck and I was sent to the Reset corner too -- a couple of times.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Wonder if that's a feature added for the carriers to keep you sending pics over email ?
  13.    #13  
    well i know you're kidding, but it doesn't prevent you from emailing. that's if you send through your email program. that's how i'm getting the photos off the comp. versamail and add attachment; there's a pulldown menu of what attachment, business card, photo/vid, etc. i've also moved all pics to my sd card after a while. then i can just pop the card out andput that in my card reader. workarounds that work, but it would sure be nice if i could just BT them like it was designed to do.