1.    #1  
    I am thinking about purchasing pdanet for my 650 / laptop. What if any experience do you folks have with it, especially post 1.08 updates? Any reset problems with it? How good is the direct and or blue tooth connectiveness?
    Thanks,
    pilottreo1
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    I am thinking about purchasing pdanet for my 650 / laptop. What if any experience do you folks have with it, especially post 1.08 updates? Any reset problems with it? How good is the direct and or blue tooth connectiveness?
    Thanks,
    pilottreo1
    Used it with 1.03 and 1.08, no issues for direct use, have not tried with BT. Have had -0- resets while using.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    Thanks,
    pilottreo1
    Have not done update. Am in a Wi-Fi rich environment so am not using it much. However, no issues. See 67kb over Cingular. So, better than good modem speed. Junefabrics does good work. Don't worry, be happy.
    I just fired up PDANet to be sure I have connectivity for a trip coming up - I haven't had to use it since Feb - I have the 1.08 update and it worked just great via cable.. I tried to connect via BT and couldn't get it right so I gave up since I don't mind using the cable. I showed "connected at 145.0 kpbs" -

Bek
    I have used it with the cable and it worked flawlessly. BT would be nice, but I don't have BT on my laptop.
    Anyone here ever compared the download speeds you get between BT DUN or PDA Net? The expectation is that it would be the same, but I'm curious if anyone has actuall compared with download speed tests.
    If not I guess that's something I'll check out myself.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I just fired up PDANet to be sure I have connectivity for a trip coming up - I haven't had to use it since Feb - I have the 1.08 update and it worked just great via cable.. I tried to connect via BT and couldn't get it right so I gave up since I don't mind using the cable. I showed "connected at 145.0 kpbs" -

Bek
    Over what carrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Anyone here ever compared the download speeds you get between BT DUN or PDA Net? The expectation is that it would be the same, but I'm curious if anyone has actuall compared with download speed tests.
    If not I guess that's something I'll check out myself.
    I do not understand. How is it that you expect the same speed over BT as over a wire?
    Counter-intuitive.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Can anyone here use gmail and/or google maps over PDAnet?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I do not understand. How is it that you expect the same speed over BT as over a wire?
    Counter-intuitive.
    First of all I was refering to PDANet via bluetooth vs. Bluetooth DUN.
    Both are over bluetooth. One would expect nearly identical speed, I was just wondering if anyone put this to the test in practice as it's possible one is more efficient than the other (therefore faster.) This only matters if you have the choice (you have BT DUN enabled on your Treo.)

Second, I WOULD expect the same speed via bluetooth as over the sync cable (USB.) Since bluetooth throughput is 768kbps max and EDGE's max speed is about 160kbps, there's no reason bluetooth should be any kind of bottleneck, unless of course there's some kind of overhead in bluetooth that slows it down. Having said that, I'm once again curious if one is faster than the other.

It looks like I have some of my own experiments to conduct. I'll post my results when I'm done.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    For whatever reason... The usb is definately faster than BT with PDAnet
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Over what carrier?
    Sprint. I just read the faq's though, and it said that number isn't accurate. I'd be happy to benchmark it if someone wants to tell me how I'm in KC (Sprint HQ) and I heard (no idea if it's even possible) that we have great speed here.. *shrug*

Bek
  13.    #13  
    Thanks to all of you who responded to my initial query about this program. I purchased it for my 650 and it works great. It's just what I was looking for and I truly appreciate the help from all of you here on this site.
    Pilottreo1