1.    #1  
    I just bought my Treo 650 a few days ago so I'm still getting used to it. It has both WebPro and Blazer for internet browsing. Do i need both? Should I delete one, if so which one?

Thanks!
    delete one, and try Xiino
    lots of threads on WebPro, Blazer, Xiino, WebViewer. Most have demos that you can try out.

My personal experience has been that Blazer is usable but not great; Webviewer I never tried as I didn't want to deal with the JVM installation; Xiino was pretty cool but didn't work well with Outlook Web Access; WebPro was fast, great, and worked very well with OWA, and is the one I use today.
  4.    #4  
    So I'm not going to ruin anything if I delete blazer? Why did they give you two web browsers? seems weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by imgg
    So I'm not going to ruin anything if I delete blazer? Why did they give you two web browsers? seems weird.
    Blazer is in ROM so you'd have to put together a custom ROM to delete it.

Not sure but it would probably be in your best interests to leave it alone as it may be integrated more in to the treo than we know. And, since it is in ROM it is not limiting your useable RAM memory.
    Are you saying that Webpro came pre-installed on your Treo 650?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  7.    #7  
    Yes, was it not suppose to get both programs? Webpro keeps giving me an error message that I'm not authorized to use the program but then it lets me use it anyway.
    I log into Outlook and get through pretty much fine. However when I exit webpro by just hitting the applications-home button on the bottom of my treo and then subsequently at some point go back to webpro, I can't seem to get back into outlook. I have my companies owa website as my home page and when i try to access it, it then says...unable to load page. I have to clear the cache and start again. Sometimes, even when I'm in webpro looking at OWA, I sometimes get to a point after a few clicks where I eventually get the same "unable to load page" message.

Anyone know why and how to stop this?
    Yes, was it not suppose to get both programs? Webpro keeps giving me an error message that I'm not authorized to use the program but then it lets me use it anyway.
    Where did you buy your phone? Webpro does not come standard on the 650.

If I were you however I would keep both. Webpro is faster and can log on to some site that Blazer cannot. And you can't delete Blazer since it is installed in ROM.
  10.    #10  
    I got it from Sprint and it did have both applications which i thought was sort of strange but I'll take your advice and keep both.
    I got it from Sprint and it did have both applications which i thought was sort of strange but I'll take your advice and keep both.
    It is a little bizarre that both came installed. I've never heard of this. Is Webpro in RAM or ROM?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  12.    #12  
    How Yes, i thought it was strange too. Blazer seems to be the default browser but I have both the webpro and blazer. When i go to info I can see webpro but not blazer.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    How do I get webpro? I have it for a Zire that I used to use but it doesn't work on my Treo650. I found one on Treobits, but its not entirely stable, and it doesn't work well with the five way. So what options do I have?