Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Awwww shucks.

Perhaps we should stop pickin on poor ole Palm and the much-maligned T650. After all, they're just one of a thousand US corporations who bend the truth to ensure a high stock price...
    Cingular T650
    ...now back to Motorola and a Zire 72!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Zboater,

The problem with the "evolution" argument is that Palm has had many years to make it better, but had not.

When was the first Palm phone out? 1999? It's been 6 years, with lackluster progress (given the time).

Palm OS has been stuck in 3.x mode since 1997. Unlike Windows, which has gone from 95-95-2000-XP progressions, Palm has stay stagnant. (color, a kludgy network stack, and hi-res is all they have to show for themselves - with the same single tasking OS).
    And an PC OS is about 10,000 times more complicated.

And yes, the price is expected to be $700...carrier subsidies are just cost transfers. Anyway you slice it, it is a premium device.

In this day and age, A decent OS, 256MB, hi-res, BT 2.0 or at least 1.2), and wi-fi are the price of admission.
    Thank you... the voice of reason... Can I get an amen?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkLegGT
    ^^^

Well, stop putting your PC in your dishwasher to get that REALLY clean internet cache!
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkLegGT
    Awwww shucks.

Perhaps we should stop pickin on poor ole Palm and the much-maligned T650. After all, they're just one of a thousand US corporations who bend the truth to ensure a high stock price...
    Oh god... now it's "Poor Palm" is it? aarrrrrrggghhh.
    it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's .......
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    whmurray,

The other 4 letter word is "fool"
    Of course. Did I suggest otherwise? Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Oh god... now it's "Poor Palm" is it? aarrrrrrggghhh.
    it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's the memory it's .......
    I believe in free speech. I really do.

So I believe I am free to keep telling you that your shtick is getting stale. If I wasn't sitting here procrastinating I would ignore you.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I can't seem to stay away from these threads.
    First, the device is buggy. The device is flawed in several ways. Here's a list:
    1. It resets. It resets for no apparent reason, and with NO software loaded that didn't HAVE to be loaded to fix oversights of the development team.
    2. The device came with far to little memory and even after the upgrade, you still have to watch what you put on their. I saw that a fellow user has Epocrates on there. Now I am not super familiar with that program, but I know it was too big to run on a Treo 300 so I have to wonder how that guy fits it on there. He made no mention of an SD card, but maybe that's what he's doing. Using just Datebook5 as far as large programs, I've got 5.4megs left. That's sad.
    3. The dialing delay is abhorrent. I've gotten used to it so I don't hang up on people anymore, but i shouldn't HAVE to get used to such a glitch in such a fundamental application to a phone (and yes, it IS still a phone people).
    4. The Bluetooth is a joke. I'm a big guy. Wearing the 650 on my left side, and headset on my right ear gives too much static to use. I've tried wearing them on the same side, to no avail. I assumed this was just another result of my poor eating habits, and my being overweight. Imagine my surprise when I tried one of my employee's LG PM325's with my headset and found I could put the damn phone in my sock if I wanted to and still talk fine. Unsubsidized that phone sells for $229.99, by the way. That's freakin' sad!
    However, the device is also a Godsend! Here's a list why:
    1. It has the BEST keyboard on the market of any phone!I don't count those large plastics toys, by the way. I think people call them Blueberries or some such thing .
    2. It has the best looking screen of any smartphone on the market! Hands down.
    3. It has a camera that takes clean, crisp pictures, in just about any light. I know there are one megapixel (and better) camera phones on the market (we sell 'em at Radioshack), but they still don't compare to my 650!
    4. It's got the BEST SMS program I've ever seen! The way they're stored as chat threads has saved me a lot of time, and face, when arguing with ignorant colleagues suffering from "selective-memory-itis". "No, Mr. Allen, that's not what you said to do. I understand, but you told me...here why don't I just pull it up. On, March 14th you told me you didn't mind if I took your young, incredibly HOT daughter out for drinks."
    So there you have it. The good, and the bad. For my money? Sorry MikeC, but Treo's "still the one" (Showing my age a little, quoting that song)
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    My wife has the Harriet Lane book and the mobilePDR both loaded, and she was doing fine until she decided to load WeightWatchers ToGo. For a weight management program it sure is hefty at 8MB (had to go there ). She now has 5MB left, so I warned her that was it, no more. The medical programs she uses were updated and run from the card fine, but WW for some reason doesn't.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    All I have to say is OY!!! I can't believe I got caught up reading the same BS thread that I've seen 100 other times on this forum. Are you telling me mgauss who has posted 578 times has never seen a similair thread where he could start this rant? No matter what side of the argument you are on, its all been said before and wasting the time typing paragraphs and paragraphs to defend it AGAIN is stupidity.

If you need to rant then search out the previous threads and rant there. Don't waste my time trying to come up with a cute title line to catch my attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    I believe in free speech. I really do.

So I believe I am free to keep telling you that your shtick is getting stale. If I wasn't sitting here procrastinating I would ignore you.
    Finally a meaningful comment!

Does anyone know of any other message boards that have significantly fewer whiners and more productive posters? I'm getting really sick of this place, it has ceased to be a good information source.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I can't seem to stay away from these threads.
    First, the device is buggy. The device is flawed in several ways. Here's a list:
    I agree with you 100%
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    Finally a meaningful comment!

Does anyone know of any other message boards that have significantly fewer whiners and more productive posters? I'm getting really sick of this place, it has ceased to be a good information source.
    I think it is a great information source. One does have to wade through some of the other stuff to get there, but oh well.

Also, I think that it would be foolish to make it your ONLY information source. In combination with other boards, manuals, online help, shadowmite's page I think Treo users have as much information available to them as they need. Regardless of their level of expertise.

btw, and I apologize if I just read your note wrong, but were you complimenting me or calling me unproductive?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    I think it is a great information source. One does have to wade through some of the other stuff to get there, but oh well.

Also, I think that it would be foolish to make it your ONLY information source. In combination with other boards, manuals, online help, shadowmite's page I think Treo users have as much information available to them as they need. Regardless of their level of expertise.

btw, and I apologize if I just read your note wrong, but were you complimenting me or calling me unproductive?
    lol, it was meant as a compliment. The second part was not directed at you.

I check out several Treo sites and some others for news and stuff, but never found a decent forum that has the activity treocentral does. The whiners find their way into almost every thread here and it just gets tediuous reading around their crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    lol, it was meant as a compliment. The second part was not directed at you.

I check out several Treo sites and some others for news and stuff, but never found a decent forum that has the activity treocentral does. The whiners find their way into almost every thread here and it just gets tediuous reading around their crap.

Ahhhh.. Well, thanks for the compliment!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123