1.    #1  
    When you enter the code ##786# you get the panel explaining Warr. Date, Software ver., Hardware ver., Refurb status, etc. When you select the menu bar there are options for reset, and diagnostics. When you select diagnostics, it states that "pass thru is enabled." What is this?
    Also what happens if one selects "reset?"
    Does it reset all ie; warr. start date? software revisions? or does it just reset call and data timers? I'm too much of a fraidy cat to try.

Codes have been very useful in troubleshooting the phone when necessary. Example ##377# for last crash results. A little investigation can save a lot of trips to the Sprint store.
  2.    #2  
    Well.....allrighty then.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    When you enter the code ##786# you get the panel explaining Warr. Date, Software ver., Hardware ver., Refurb status, etc. When you select the menu bar there are options for reset, and diagnostics. When you select diagnostics, it states that "pass thru is enabled." What is this?
    Also what happens if one selects "reset?"
    Does it reset all ie; warr. start date? software revisions? or does it just reset call and data timers? I'm too much of a fraidy cat to try.

Codes have been very useful in troubleshooting the phone when necessary. Example ##377# for last crash results. A little investigation can save a lot of trips to the Sprint store.
    I have an unlocked GSM with a Tmobile SIM

When I do #*786 I get a screen titled "RTN" and 2 entries. Life Timer and the Software Rev.

I forget what Life Timer is. Anyone? Time since last reset? Total minutes used on phone?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Life Timer should be the amount of total time that has passed since the unit was first powered up. At least that's how it's been on all my other electronics.
    On every other phone I have owned the Lifetime Timer is the total minutes used and can't be reset (by ordinary mortals). That way you can't claim it's new when it's not if you sell it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    On every other phone I have owned the Lifetime Timer is the total minutes used and can't be reset (by ordinary mortals). That way you can't claim it's new when it's not if you sell it.
    just phone usage? Or does it include GPRS and other data usage?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Don't know. Easy enought to test. Check the minutes ... then do a mail run or go to a couple websites and check again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    It has to be phone usage only - mine shows 118 minutes, and I've been online almost constantly since I bought it 6 weeks ago!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Don't know. Easy enought to test. Check the minutes ... then do a mail run or go to a couple websites and check again.
    Can we tell my mind is elsewhere? That was my ***** post of the month. Yes, I can test this myself.

Ok, I did it. It is just phone usage, not data. Although the number in Life Timer is higher than the Totals in my call Log. I have never reset the counters in the call log and restored after my 2 hard resets.

Sorry for the brainlock on figuring it out myself and thanks for going easy on me!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

We all have brain-farts on occasion.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    There is a seperate section for data and timer (life timer and life data). If you try and use the reset you get, "Please enter Master Subsidy Lock:_________." So I would guess that would reset the life and data timers among other things.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    When I do #*786 I get a screen titled "RTN" and 2 entries. Life Timer and the Software Rev.
    Seems to be a whole lot of these command codes on the Treo650 (600)
    Anybody who knows where all such codes are listed? Anyplace on the web?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)