Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I have PocketTunes and really like. I like the interface, the program's speed (on the Treo 650), the ability to stream radio from the Internet. But I'm thinking of giving Busker a whirl: Busker can display album art, which would be nice.

I've seen a few mentions of Busker (http://www.electricpocket.com/products/busker.html) on this forum, but no detailed comments. Does anyone have any great likes or dislikes? Does Busker have any particular quirks that would make it not a good match for the Treo 650?
    I tried busker, but it wouldn't work with my Panasonic SD card. But I would think it's worth installing it to check it out. I was very interested in the view by folder mode.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I've installed Busker, and so far (so far being 10 minutes of use) so good. I like the interface and the album art feature really works.

I read that Busker will be adding support for Shoutcast streams.
    Last edited by badler; 04/10/2005 at 01:09 PM.
    Does it play unprotected AAC files (I tire of converting my iTunes files to MP3).

Pocket Tunes inability to play AAC files is its biggest negative (why not support one of the most utilized MP3 players out there?)
    I think from the perspective of the Ptunes developer, Apple makes licensing for AAC support cost prohibitive. Hopefully that situation will change in the future.
    Apple doesn't own the AAC codec - you'll have to blame someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Does it play unprotected AAC files (I tire of converting my iTunes files to MP3).

Pocket Tunes inability to play AAC files is its biggest negative (why not support one of the most utilized MP3 players out there?)
    Does not appear appear to play AAC. See http://electricpocket.com/products/busker.html It plays MP3, Ogg and Wav files.

However, Kinoma plays unprotected AAC files. Apple does own the code for protecting AACs purchased on iTunes, so audio files purchased on iTunes will have to be unprotected before they can play in Kinoma.
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv

I'm with you on this one. At least we have a workaround to convert them to mp3, but it is a pain in the ****!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    FWIW, I've found a nice companion program for Busker: iTunes Album Art Locator, http://www.zeleksoftware.com. If you use iTunes on your PC, Album Art Locator will semi-automatically find album art and incorporate that into your songs' id tags.

--Bill