1.    #1  
    Hey gang!

I just ran into my first issue with the 650's memory (or lack of). For the most part, I don't have a problem with the small amount of memory because most of the apps I run for my business are online and I can just log on and work, no need to have a local copy.

Hpwever, I downloaded and installed a new app and it REALLY took a bit out of my available memory (to the tune of chewing up almost 15mg). Now, this application isn't criticle or anything (it's a personal app, not business) so I can delete it off the handheld without really missing it. However, it made me wonder if there was a way to run apps of the 128mg SD card I have in the unit. If so, how do I go about doing that? Just curious.

Drew
    It's an application for Palm OS that needs 15 MB? What is it?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    It's an application for Palm OS that needs 15 MB? What is it?
    It's an excersize tracking/journal program. The program itself isn't really that big but it has a databse of like 10,000+ records. Really surprised me (didn't think it would have a db that large).
    You need a program that will move it to the card and be able to run it from there...like Powerrun or zLauncher
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    You need a program that will move it to the card and be able to run it from there...like Powerrun or zLauncher
    I'll check into that. Thanks!

Do you think FileZ would do that as well?
    Why not just install it on the SD card (using the usual Quick Launcher)?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Sorry, I meant Quick Install.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Sorry, I meant Quick Install.
    GREAT idea! Didn't even think of that (big D'UH on my end).
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Powerrun is great for managing apps on and off the card. Highly recommended!
    PowerRun will also allow you to create shortcuts (icons) on the palm launcher to access the apps on the SD card. Each app icon on the palm launcher with an "*" will indicate the apps that are on the SD card.
    Give it a go.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    yes but some apps dont work right with powerrun - like AOL - it worked the first time around and then got all kinds of errors when I tried using it again - had to uninstall and reinstall Aol!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    If you do a search, you will find several threads that discuss apps on SD cards and the apps that won't run on the SD card.

Here's one link"
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=76339

Look for more.

LOL
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 04/10/2005 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Added Link
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover