1.    #1  
    I am looking into HotSyncing my 650 with Bluetooth. Is this a good idea? Is it slower? Is it Accurate? Thank You!
    Not unless your USB ports fry... it's much slower according to other accounts...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I am using Bluetooth to sync and it works great, but it is very slow. I place the treo on the desk near my usb hub with the bluetooth adapter. The distance is not that great either, maybe two feet away.
    I have not noticed any slower syncing and the convenience is great!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    it is slower but more convenient. You can start the sync and then go about your business (for me in my office) it is over when it is over (2 minutes or so).
    I agree with others (slower but convenience is worth it!). However, I wanted to address the "Accurate" question specificaly: Yes, it's as accurate as any other hotsync method.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    BlueTooth runs at 723Kbps, while even USB 1.1 runs at 12Mbps. Bluetooth IS slower. However, due to the size of the data being synchronized, you would really only notice the difference when you have added a lot of media (pics, videos) to your phone since the last sync. Then it would be quicker to use the USB cable.
    The nice thing about the USB sync is you can just push the button on the cabel.

With bluetooth you can not just push hotsync on the treo. You need to be at your comp anyway.
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
    It is very much slower, especially if you have hotsync doing a backup of your Treo each time. However, it's much nicer ... no cables to worry about. No cables to pack if you travel.

It's especially great with my Powerbook since Bluetooth is built in. (Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, and Treo!) The only thing I have to plug in when I get to the office is my power cord and my external monitor should I choose to use it. Not too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    The nice thing about the USB sync is you can just push the button on the cabel.

With bluetooth you can not just push hotsync on the treo. You need to be at your comp anyway.
    Not sure what you mean. When I hot sync with bluetooth, I just press hot sync on the treo and it's off and running. Blue tooth is much slower, but more convenient.

DJ
    BT Sync is slow and flakey.

Gained more than an hour of my day back by sticking with USB.