1.    #1  
    I've searched the forums and found others have the same issue. I don't like how my Business Connection hijacks my Mail button. Even if you change the preference, after a soft reset BC hijacks it again!

Does anyone know if any of TC's talented developers have come up with a simple hack to prevent this? I set my "Mail" hard button for Messaging and "Opt+Mail" for VersaMail. I launch BC from my Applications screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I use old trick #3

edit: Nevermind, I see you "use" BC.
    if u ever find a fix (besides a custom rom) let me know PLEASE.
    i like BC i just dont like the hostile take over
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I switched phones and now have that problem. Sprint BC keeps taking over the mail hard button. Anyone find a solution to this?

How about using a Shadowmite copy without BC, and then downloading the BC software. Will that fix the problem?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Yes. See this thread. I need testers on different networks to give this a try.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Don't think it can be done...it's permanently hijacked.

Interesting feature I just discovered by accident. Holding down the mail button does a manual sync
    Yes, a fix is to get Chatter...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank

Marc
    I'll second that!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank

Marc
    Gee, thanks Marc!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Don't think it can be done...it's permanently hijacked.

Interesting feature I just discovered by accident. Holding down the mail button does a manual sync
    I didn't have this problem before when I used Shadowmite's (BC-less) ROM, and then upgraded the firmware after that. I think it was because BC was no longer in ROM. But I exchanged phones, and now have the problem.

But messing with the ROM again just for the button issue is a pain.
    Naturally, I was being sarcastic, but in fact I did have to put in a fix for this...

Marc
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Chatter has the option to set it as the default mail app but it doesn't stop BC from hijacking the button. I'm used to hitting the Opt+Mail button now, so it's no longer a big issue for me.