Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok so I know I will get crapped on for this, but my 650 does not vibrate when there is a new voicemail. Yes, I am sure I have set vibrate on for both SOund On and OFf for all Phone, Calendar and messaging options under SOund Prefs.

If there is a new voicemail and sound is on I get an alert.

I could have sworn I used to get a buzz for vibrate as well....but no longer.

Am I dreaming?
    Is the DC motor w/offset weight on the phone bad? IE: Do you get any vibration at all, or is this strictly isolated with Voicemail?
    I have the same issue no vibrate for voicemail only...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  4.    #4  
    Nope motor is fine - vibrate works for other things - just not vmail...weird. It vibrates fine for incoming calls, new text msgs, etc...just not for vmail alert.

Does it vibrate for others out there - is there some obscure setting I need to change? I am not using any third party control apps.

This is a virgin machine with only Goodlink installed - after all the soft reset issues I am playing it very safe. I checked and there are no related settings in Goodlink.
    Pref>Sounds&Alerts>Messaging(from drop down menu next to appplication) volume tab there is a setting here maybe this is it .
    not to sure just tryin to help
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  6.    #6  
    Already checked all the sound settings - vibrate is on for all categories for sound on and off settings. thanks for the thought though
    Just confirmed this problem on my treo
  8.    #8  
    BUMP: So I get a vibrate when the sound is on but no vibrate when sound is off. And weirder still, I get vibrate for incoming calls with sound off and also for alerts from GoodLink.

So the vibrate does not work for voicemail alerts when sound is off - but all other alerts do vibrate with sound off.

Any ideas?
    Uh oh, the vibrate issue rears it's ugly head again. Sending your info along
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Uh oh, the vibrate issue rears it's ugly head again. Sending your info along
    GoodGuy - is this issue related to GoodLink in some way? I love GoodLink BTW. I searched all notifications in GoodLink and did not see anything related to voicemail. I do get vibrate alerts when for example I get an urgent email and sound is off so I know it works.

It is just voicemail...did GoodLink affect some setting related to vmail?
    Oh...I just saw GoodLink and vibrate in the same post. There was some discussion in the GoodLink thread about the vibrate notification
    Just upgraded to a 650 from a 600 yesterday, and noticed this problem. I missed quite a few VMs today because I was travelling in and out of service and never felt the phone ring. I NEVER have the phone in "sound mode on".

Spent some time on the phone with P1 tech support today. They claimed that they could not help until I could recreate the problem after doing a hard reset. Well I just did and I can, so I'm on to the next level of support.

Just found this thread- obviously I am not alone in this issue - Vibrate works fine in all other circumstances. And the fact that I still have the problem after a hard reset rules out any third party apps (including GoodLink).

By the way, I'm using the locked Cingular model. Wonder whether this is an important detail?
  13.    #13  
    Blocktek - thx. I have a Sprint 650. I get the same behavior after a hard reset as well. Please update the thread if you could when you get more

There seemed to be a few others who had this - is this common? It does not seem to be hardware because vibrate does work. Very weird.
    I probably won't get a chance to call P1 again till next week. I'm assuming that this is a bug...not operator error. Assuming this, I wonder if the firmware update (1.23 released next week for Cingular, anyway) addresses this. Anyone?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek
    I probably won't get a chance to call P1 again till next week. I'm assuming that this is a bug...not operator error. Assuming this, I wonder if the firmware update (1.23 released next week for Cingular, anyway) addresses this. Anyone?
    I just checked and it does vibrate with 1.23...but it's very brief, and we all know that vibrate on the 650 is not very strong.
    Any update on this issue? I too have this problem (Sprint Treo 650). Same setup as Robotron, including GoodLink.
    Has anyone tried TreoAlertMgr from PDAapps? I tried it out on a suggestion from a user here as a solution for vibrate alerts on Calendar events for GoodLink and it worked well. Here is an excerpt from their website:

"TreoAlertMgr allows you to completely control how and when your
    phone alerts you about missed calls, unheard voicemail and unread
    text messages and pages. You can have the system play a sound and/or
    vibrate when you have unheard voicemail, missed calls or unread
    pages/SMS messages"

May want to give it a shot.

http://www.pdaapps.com/TreoAlertMgr/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Has anyone tried TreoAlertMgr from PDAapps? I tried it out on a suggestion from a user here as a solution for vibrate alerts on Calendar events for GoodLink and it worked well. Here is an excerpt from their website:

"TreoAlertMgr allows you to completely control how and when your
    phone alerts you about missed calls, unheard voicemail and unread
    text messages and pages. You can have the system play a sound and/or
    vibrate when you have unheard voicemail, missed calls or unread
    pages/SMS messages"

May want to give it a shot.

http://www.pdaapps.com/TreoAlertMgr/index.html
    Yea I saw reference to that program from the Good rep on the Yahoo board. I'll give it a try. Interesting that it's just the voicemail vibration that fails. Tested it with a numeric page and it vibrates like it's supposed to. Has anyone deleted GoodLink to see if that is the culprit? Or are other people without that installed having the same problem?
    OK, I re-read the thread and I see that blocktek has already apparently ruled out GoodLink as the source of the problem. And I tried TreoAlertMgr and it doesn't help things at all for me. Anyone have any thoughts on what the next step should be?
    still haven't had a chance to get into it with P1 again yet. I installled the demo of TreoAlertMgr this morning - it seems to do the trick. it DOESN'T give me a buzz on first notification, but after the preset interval (I've got it set for 60 seconds) it seems to work fine. Smartphoney, maybe that's why it doesn't seem to be working for you. Ser your interval lower & see if that works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast