1.    #1  
    I know it can be turned off, but rather than being used for service and charging status, can the LED be used for other things--such as awaiting SMS, VM, or email.

This way, I won't have to wake up the screen just to see if there is a message.

Thanks,
    JAMES.
    yes...

use butler
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reponse. I know Butler can be used to change the LED color for awaiting voicemail on certain networks, but anything out there for awaiting SMS and/or email?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I think the purpose of LED Off is to turn off the LED. Correct me if im wrong.

There use to be a program for the 600 called Treo Allegro which allow you to manipulate the LED to blink faster, or turn a different color for Voicemail or SMS. I have it installed on my 650 and works fine for VM or SMS but if I reset the phone, whatever the setting I use for VM would activate that setting even if I don't have voicemail.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aznmode; 04/09/2005 at 05:48 PM.
    Treo Allegro works well.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Treo Allegro works well.....
    Are you using 650 or 600? On my 650, it isn't working 100%
    The LED can also be used as a geek detector...it will blink every couple seconds when in immediate proximity.

:-)
    Looks like a new version is coming out soon...

http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~viran/allegro/index.php
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snovvman
    Thanks for your reponse. I know Butler can be used to change the LED color for awaiting voicemail on certain networks, but anything out there for awaiting SMS and/or email?
    On Sprint PCS Treo 650, use Butler for led control, voicemail, SMS, and other cool stuff. Read up on it at www.handango.com. The latest version is out. It is version 2.55.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snovvman
    On Sprint PCS Treo 650, use Butler for led control, voicemail, SMS, and other cool stuff. Read up on it at:

www.handango.com

The latest version is out. It is version 2.55.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Bulter does allow you to use the led for SMS's, VM's, and emails. You just have to use the Attention Grabber functionality. That's what I'm doing right now (well, minus the emails since I don't use the auto sync function). Also, the latest (non-beta) version is actually 2.86.

www.hobbyistsoftware.com
    Butler is pretty cool and to imagine NOT spending the 12 bucks on it. I was annoyed at first by the "ahem please register sir" but read around and see how responsive the developer is. Its a great tool and I wish there were more gizmos like it. It's all about configurability!
    One thing that I've asked Rob (Butler's developer) about is the ability to toggle the LED to indicate network status (connected, dormant). Haven't heard yet...CV, are you there?