Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Chatter doesn't (and can't) do what you're suggesting. And I don't know of ANY relationship between what Chatter is doing and use of HTTP - I've never seen a conflict between Chatter and Blazer. BTW, I am VERY, VERY suspicious of 4Cast and VeriChat and what they might be doing.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Chatter doesn't (and can't) do what you're suggesting. And I don't know of ANY relationship between what Chatter is doing and use of HTTP - I've never seen a conflict between Chatter and Blazer. BTW, I am VERY, VERY suspicious of 4Cast and VeriChat and what they might be doing.

Marc
    I have 4Cast on the SD card, so I don't think it is a problem. However, VeriChat could be doing something. I don't really know. I'm going to move it to RAM and see.

Al
    I think I solved most of the issues I was having thanks to Marc diagnosis after looking at the logs. What happened is that initially I installed a version that had problems with pop3 accounts. Therefore, I made multiple inboxes for the same account. Therefore, the accounts tried to sync at the same time for the same data. I have deleted those inboxes and now everything looks better.

Al
    Marc-is there a reason why you put a date seperator in there? Is there a way to make it an option in a later release? Because of the lo-res 600 screen, it just takes up extra space. (Love the idea though).

And thanks for keeping the legacy IM going!
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

had weird thing happen w/latest beta...it was b12 or b16... anyway..
    when tried to send from fastmail..i got a box saying I had to many online mailboxes & I should take some offline.. I could not keep this message from poping up as an email was still trying to be sent..i had to soft reset and everything went back to normal. keep in mind I have only 1 online box & 2 boxes scheduled "pull"... 1 every 4 hrs & the other every 30min.
    john
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Marc -

Finally, a comment. I like the autocomplete for recently used e-mail addresses. Why not have it do that for all e-mail addresses in Contacts like Versamail does? (In my opinion, that's the only good thing about Versamail!) Or, at least make it easier to get to lookup. Chatter requires an extra step to get to that; would be easier if there was a dialog button right on the main compose screen (unless I'm missing something).

Thanks.
    Marc,

Versamail's autolookup was very pokey. Your work emphasizes efficiency so I'm sure you'd make this feature as Treo friendly as possible. I love enhancements but I really like the Treo for it's quickness.

I hate my Windows machines because the excessive amount of options makes the experience sluggish (I have fast hyperthreaded machines, BTW).

I am still using a 600 so anything that slows performance bugs me.

If you decide to implement the full lookup, please provide a preference for fewer choices.

TIA
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I have 4Cast on the SD card, so I don't think it is a problem. However, VeriChat could be doing something. I don't really know. I'm going to move it to RAM and see.

Al
    Treolo -

I stopped using 4cast 3 months ago as every time I used it my data connections would be corrupted and it would stay in Active Data mode ("Green Arrows") ad infinitum. The only way that I could get Active data mode to stop was by resetting the phone. I am using a Treo 650 with Sprint and as far as I know, the developer has not resolved this issue. I would stop using 4cast and I bet your problem will be resolved.

BTW, I think that this website blows away 4cast and all you need to do is bookmark it in your browser:

mobile.wunderground.com

You get radar, detailed current weather plus a 10day forecast.
    ambTreo -Thanks for the the advice I will take a look at it.
    johnski1969 -I was having problems like that too. I would recommend to anybody that is having error messages and connections problems to go to McFile and view take a look at all the ZRKa creator ID files and delete unknow mailboxes that do not start with Chatter... Then resintall copy Chatter over the old one.

Once again, the problem is that if you create the same mailbox twice or more by mistake. Only one will show in Chatter, but the others will run on the background and mess up your connections. Chatter needs a better error handling validation to avoid the creation of multiple mailboxes for the same mailboxes. In the mean time, be careful when creating mailboxes.

Anybody having problems with pop3 messages getting deleted after a quicksync?

Al
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    BTW, and this is off topic, instead of 4cast if U need theee quickest forecast thru Blazer try Hidden Treasures at

http://www.hiddentreasurehosting.com....php?zip=XXXXX

Again, just forecasts, no satellite.
    4cast works fine (and has for quite a while) with b20 and all others I have tried.
    Something that you should stay away and never ever try until they come out with a fix is QuickNews. It will kill your connection or make it restart. I had problems with QuickNews and I've heard other people that use Verichat had that problem too.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Treolo -

I stopped using 4cast 3 months ago as every time I used it my data connections would be corrupted and it would stay in Active Data mode ("Green Arrows") ad infinitum.
    As soon as I started using Chatter e-mail, I noticed this issue with 4cast as well. I think it is a known issue (I recall reading about others having the same problem) and I don't think it's been resolved yet. You may not encounter this issue depending on the way in which you use 4cast or Chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    As soon as I started using Chatter e-mail, I noticed this issue with 4cast as well. I think it is a known issue (I recall reading about others having the same problem) and I don't think it's been resolved yet. You may not encounter this issue depending on the way in which you use 4cast or Chatter.
    The safest way to use 4Cast would be by using Zlauncher or PowerRun and store the app and all databaes in the SD card. How do you guys have it store?

Al
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Last observation before I go to sleep. I've been getting this pop up message a lot when the mailboxes try to QuickSync:

Is this coming from Chatter or from the Treo itself? and Why is that I've never had this before?

Al
    I know this has been revived from an old thread, but am wondering if there was ever a resolution on this. All of the sudden I am starting to get this message on my Treo 755p in Chatter. Never got it before.
    I've never had this problem with chatter. You're either having data connection problems or your email provider is having server problems.
    It behaves on my wife's Centro.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I've used it for years on the same phone network, with the same exact phone. This is a new problem that has cropped up in the last few months.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123