1.    #1  
    Today AvantGo unvieled improvements to its software on your Visor/Palm. The titles of your channels are easier to follow (they are bulleted) the 'add/remove' has been placed at the top of the list, and the best improvement has been the 'Account Info' which allows you to specify what types of channels you're interested in and your zip code (and country) so that when you click on the 'Add' link, it displays not only new channels to avantgo but also channels that relate to your interests and geographic location!

This allows the user to add new channels to their avantgo app right on their Visor/Palm!

I've always been REALLY impressed by AvantGo, but this recent change has left me additionally impressed (which is hard to do when you're 'REALLY' impressed )
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Hey, I entered my zip, and now my channels are no longer in alphabetical order! What gives!?
    Joe V. - Sprint Nextel Business Solutions - SoCal
    Originally posted by Joe V
    Hey, I entered my zip, and now my channels are no longer in alphabetical order! What gives!?
    I didn't enter anything new and my channel order has changed too. I guess it's system wide.
    Jeff
    Do you have to re-install avantgo to get these changes?

Thanks, -Henry
    I've got a BVD with a Stowaway keyboard
    Visors kick A$$!!!!!!
    My channels changed order too.
    But the major improvement was self inflicted!
    I ticked the "Refresh all content" box in options. Cut my sync time to just a couple of minutes, compared to average ten before. It got rid of the tedious 'removing updated pages' phase which always annoyed me.Why didn't it just overwrite?!
    Just checked options again and the box has reverted to unchecked.Damn.thought I was onto something. I'll have a look at the PC end..
  6.    #6  
    That's strange, mine are all in the same order....alphabetical.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    Today AvantGo unvieled improvements to its software on your Visor/Palm
    ...running to check it out... will let y'all know my thoughts later

---

...ok, <gasping for breath> I did my daily sync and went straight to AvantGo. For the record, my channels were still in alphabetical order. The new look is a tad more appealing to the eyes. Now, I'm off to their web site to see if anything else has been changed.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I never tried it with the older version, but now when I try to set my font preferences, AvantGo gives a fatal error and I have to restart. I thought FontHack may have been the problem, but it even did it when I had that and all my hacks uninstalled.
    A.T. Hun
    The Haus http://www.thehaus.net
    After syncing this morning, my channels are now not alphabetical... they appear to be listed in the order that they were set up (if my memory is any good today ).

I also scoured the AvantGo site but couldn't find anything pertaining to these latest changes.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Avantgo worked great when I synched at work on Thursday and Friday.

Friday night when I re-synched at home.... up popped a second instance of the Avantgo server. Luckily I had enough memory for the second set of my channels (..barely..). I've sinced deleted the second instance.

FYI:
    ATHun, the new version of Avantgo does seem to tweak the fonts a bit on the 1st/home page. (Perhaps just going from Bold to Normal.) I hope there isn't a full on compatibility problem with Fonthack. I still like that hack and use it sporadically.

(OvaGirl's home away from home)
    I have the latest version of the avantgo brower (v. 3.3 build 403) and I saw no change when I hotsynched a moment ago. What am I missing?
    Ok, all is well now. My channels are back in alpha order.

Joe V. - Sprint Nextel Business Solutions - SoCal
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by OvaGirl
    Avantgo worked great when I synched at work on Thursday and Friday.

Friday night when I re-synched at home.... up popped a second instance of the Avantgo server. Luckily I had enough memory for the second set of my channels (..barely..). I've sinced deleted the second instance.
    I emailed AvantGo about this problem, and i received a response which told me to delete the AvantGo server from mobile link (both if there are two) then 'create' a new one with:

sync.avantgo.com
    Port 80
    Username (yours)
    Password (yours)

click the 'refresh all' check box (or whatever it's called) THEN do the same thing on your visor(delete the avantgo server but don't set up a new one. (it should say something like MAL New Server)

Then sync...

Do the exact same thing when you get to the second computer (i know, tedious and resyncing ALL your channels can take time) and it should straighten everything up. According to AvantGo Tech, recent changes or settings on both computers has caused your visor to have a communication problem.

I followed this and it's worked fine.
    Thanks Hoser!

(OvaGirl's home away from home)
    When exactly did they make this change? Unless their software updates itself without telling you, I've had this version of the client for a couple of months now (I only signed up on July 18th).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...