1.    #1  
    I am switching from a BB7100 to the 650 especially for the PIM applications. I have read this forum extensively and the main advantage of the the 7100 is the stability (no resets).

It seems like that people have very different experience with these resets on the 650 and much seems to depend on installed 3rd part sw or just your unit "Genes" I have to say that I assume that most units being sent back to Palm (30 day return) are unlocked GSM types so my fear is that I might get one of the weak units. Here are my questions:

1) Is there a fast way to find out if I received a "bad" unit. Should all the updates already be installed etc?

2) I was thinking of testing 3rd Applications on my T3 that I still have and only put it on my treo when I like the app. Does this make sense or do I have to test Agendus/pocket tunes etc. on the TREO anyhow.

I really hope this unit will work for me but I am afraid I will pay "Geek tax".

Thanks for the Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by muka1024
    I am switching from a BB7100 to the 650 especially for the PIM applications. I have read this forum extensively and the main advantage of the the 7100 is the stability (no resets).

It seems like that people have very different experience with these resets on the 650 and much seems to depend on installed 3rd part sw or just your unit "Genes" I have to say that I assume that most units being sent back to Palm (30 day return) are unlocked GSM types so my fear is that I might get one of the weak units. Here are my questions:

1) Is there a fast way to find out if I received a "bad" unit. Should all the updates already be installed etc?

2) I was thinking of testing 3rd Applications on my T3 that I still have and only put it on my treo when I like the app. Does this make sense or do I have to test Agendus/pocket tunes etc. on the TREO anyhow.

I really hope this unit will work for me but I am afraid I will pay "Geek tax".

Thanks for the Help!
    In answer to your second question, I don't think that there's a lot to be gained by "beta testing" software on your T3 before installing it on your Treo 650. The T5 and Treo 650 have a very different memory system than the T3 and all of the earlier Palms. They also use a later version of the Palm OS (5.4 vs. 5.2.) There were a few programs that I used on my T3, that didn't agree with my T5 or my Treo 650.

I think the best thing to do would be to 1) read these forums and search for people's experience with your specific software, and 2) look at this web page here. I think that this would give you a better idea of what software is going to cause you headaches when you move to the Treo.

One last thing that you could do to ease the transition, is to keep your Blackberry for a few weeks after you get your Treo. Since you have a GSM device, you can easily swap the SIM card back and forth when you are at work, vs. when you are off.

Good luck!

TMann