1.    #1  
    Screenshots here:
    http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/castscreens.html

Screenshots, downloads and info here:
    http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/castaway.html

A lot of people have been waiting, so this ought to make you smile

jeff
    Last edited by skeezixcodejedi; 04/08/2005 at 07:48 PM.
    Do you mean it's been updated for the Treo650??? The screen shots look high res. That's awesome if it is, I gotta pull out my ST rom archive now.

Plan on updating guinea pig soon???

Great job,
    -BT
  3.    #3  
    The screenshots are older actually, from the T|T3 likely, but it looks identical on the Treo 650. Works great The only thing missing is it doens't let you savestate right now due to low RAM on the Treo, but hopefully I'll work around that. You can save to disk for RPG's though, which should work fine. Xenon 2 megablast works great for instance

jeff
    Argh, I hate how the moderators move these threads out of the 650 forum. This is why I never catch software updates for the 650 (I think the thread title was a typo and should have said 650).

I'll try it out this weekend and see how it works. Fighting the flu right now and just don't have the energy.

-BT
  5.    #5  
    yeah, things do move a lot; I think there should be a Games forum as well..

I've altered the name to 650 instead of 600. Theres an older version for 600 already.

jeff
    So I finally got around to playing with CastAway today... So far it works awesome. I'm overclocking to 468mhz and it's very playable.

One problem... I'm trying to play civilization but the game requires arrow keys to move units. Unfortunately the D-Pad doesn't work. Is there any way to get the D-Pad to emulate the arrow keys?

Another problem, when my phone goes to sleep with castaway running, and I wake it up, I cannot do anything and have to soft reset the device. The game animations keep running so I don't think the game is locking up.

-BT
  7.    #7  
    BTW for everyone, I've updated CaSTaway to 1.1.1, which runs much better on the Treo 650 and T|T5 when in lower RAM conditions. (ie: It used to run with two modes.. Low and High, where high is normal for Zodiac, T|T3, T|C etc. However, T|T5 and Treo 650 could onyl sometimes make it into High (liek if radio was off and freshly reset) due to how they work.) So now 1.1.1 has a Low, Med and High mode; Medium is easily attainable every time in T|T5 and Treo 650 and some other devices. Only a couple minor features are disabled in this mode, so very nice. (savestates, MSA's and other goodies work.) A must have update.

BigTrouble -- Check the pulldown menus; it has many modes to make games playable. ie: By default, the screen tap is mouse and 5-way is joystick. You can change to a mode where 5-way acts as cursor keys and thus can be used for things like Civilization or Dungeon Master to make for easier maneauvering.

Device goes to sleep, or phone radio? I'll have to fiddle and see.

jeff
    Thanks for the info. I got civ working pretty well. Dungeon Master I'm still having a problem, but I'll try it again later. How do I know which memory mode i'm running in? Can I set it or does the program automatically do it for you?

-BT
  9.    #9  
    It auto-detects which mode to run in, thogh on a Treo 650 it'll generally go to Medium mode which is good. Civilization should work well (especially with the more recent update that disables device auto-off and shows known disk-information in the Insert Disk menu option while the emu is running). Dungeon Master should work perfectly as well, though you'll want to grab the disk image from a original DM, or off our website (see the letter I wrote the authors about it). ie: Cracked DM's don't work well in CaSTaway, but rips of the original work well.

jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by skeezixcodejedi
    It auto-detects which mode to run in, thogh on a Treo 650 it'll generally go to Medium mode which is good. Civilization should work well (especially with the more recent update that disables device auto-off and shows known disk-information in the Insert Disk menu option while the emu is running). Dungeon Master should work perfectly as well, though you'll want to grab the disk image from a original DM, or off our website (see the letter I wrote the authors about it). ie: Cracked DM's don't work well in CaSTaway, but rips of the original work well.

jeff
    Ok, I'll have to see which version of DM I have. When it get's to the main screen with the open cooridore it freezes up, but the mouse cursor still moves and castaway responds.
    I just got Flight Simulator II and Falcon (Plus mission disks 1 & 2) to work. Only problem with Falcon is I can engage but can't take off because it doesn't seem to recognize the + key to power it up. It looks great!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    skeezixcodejedi:

Thanks, you rock! Such a great asset to the Palm commumity.

I've really been wanting an ST emu, totally relate with your comments in the St section of your web site.