1.    #1  
    OK here's my problem, my phone ramdomly turns on every once in a while and stays on, until I see its on & turn it off. Especially at night when I'm sleeping, I wake up & the phone is on, how long? I don't know. All I know I'm getting tired of this. Any ideas? Help? Apps? Thanks.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    it could be the automatic clock problem...there was a problem with the autoclock and your scheules alarms...try doin a search on that...
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I will be checking now....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  4.    #4  
    I think I got the app that is doing this. I believe it might be Snaaper or Agendus Mail. Right before Snapper is to pick up my mail it lights up for a few mins. then gets my mail & it stays on, until I turn it off. It also does this when I get an sms, it lights up to alert me & stays on, too. So it has to be one or the other. Anybody dealing with this?

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    I think I got the app that is doing this. I believe it might be Snaaper or Agendus Mail. Right before Snapper is to pick up my mail it lights up for a few mins. then gets my mail & it stays on, until I turn it off. It also does this when I get an sms, it lights up to alert me & stays on, too. So it has to be one or the other. Anybody dealing with this?
    I have noticed that since I purchased the latest version of Verichat, and have it running in the background (always on), that my Treo turns on every so often due to Verichat, unless I log out of the IM completely. I do not know if you are running an IM app, but perhaps that is what is happening. Just thought I would share.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I don't have any of these apps and mine turns itself on at 3:15am and does so irregularly at two to three minute intervals until 4:15am. I noticed this when I used it on the road and had it with me in the hotel room. The light is bright enough to wake me up and I finally had to stash it in my suitcase. No applications were obviously running and turning off the radio did not fix it. Pain in the tush--one of many in this product and in Cingular's unbelievably bad service.
  7.    #7  
    Yes my old Treo 600 woke me up every morning 3 15am. I have verychat but not on all the time. I guess I'm gonna have to try to find an app for turning on & off the radio. I know snapper has an option, I'll try that now & see if anything changes. If that's the cause then Chatter here I come...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  8.    #8  
    Hey folks after all my time spent on this mess, I found out this only happends when my charger is connect! I remember download an app that had a pref. keep phone on while charging. But I don't remember what it was, & I thought I erased all the files via uninstaller. Any ideas? Please....im going crazy here.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  9.    #9  
    Go it! After being up all night going throu the last apps I download and erased, also went throu all creator ID's, I fixed it. I downloaded The Matrix screensaver 2 weeks ago, I deleted it from my 650 via Uninstall, well apperantly the hack part SSS Manager leaves a bug, when you use this program it ask's you if you want the screensaver on while charging. Well I guess I did that, & when it got deleted (app) that stayed, causing all these headaches! I re-downloaded the app, I checked marked the same things I did last time, closed app, then unchecked them, and deleted the app again with Uninstaller, soft reset & the it was fixed! Ha! that was my weekend!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I don't want to seem rude, but it is precisely this kind of post that gives the Treo and carrier support a bad name. I can't wait for the Treo trolls to come around and whine some more about how horrible the 650 is. At least you came back and posted the fix - thank you very much for that. There is no way Palmone or Cingular can be held responsible for the crazy hacks that we choose to play with. Important lesson learned.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Again, I don't have any of these listed applications and my screen starts flashing on and off at 3:15am. This is apparently an old problem of prior Treo models that has never been fixed. This phone is capable of a lot of great things; the technology is indeed wonderful. But, is that a reason to not point out obvious flaws?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    Again, I don't have any of these listed applications and my screen starts flashing on and off at 3:15am. This is apparently an old problem of prior Treo models that has never been fixed. This phone is capable of a lot of great things; the technology is indeed wonderful. But, is that a reason to not point out obvious flaws?
    Maxy, there is something obviously wrong with your device. Its either hardware related or software related. That is not normal operation, and I haven't read of any other people experiencing this. Have you tried hard resetting and using it clean? If you do that, and it flashes on/off at 3:15am, then return it and get another one, because it is possessed.

If it works clean, then there is something in the software you are loading, in the saved preferences file, somewhere, that is causing the errant behaviour. You are going to have to narrow it down by installing one app at a time and observing it. Using something like BackupBuddyVFS and doing checkpoint backups may make it a bit easier. In any event, this is not a Treo design flaw - this is something broken in your hardware/software which you should track down and fix or get your hardware replaced, because that is not normal behavior.

Good luck!
    Cingular Treo 650
    I don't have any of the apps that have been listed and mine does the same thing. Not every night but occasionally. I will reach over and turn it off and a few seconds later it will be back on. This happens when it is in the phone app or launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I don't have any of the apps that have been listed and mine does the same thing. Not every night but occasionally. I will reach over and turn it off and a few seconds later it will be back on. This happens when it is in the phone app or launcher.
    What apps DO you have loaded?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I will reach over and turn it off and a few seconds later it will be back on.
    Are you in a marginal coverage area when this happens. The 650 will wake itself up when searching for the network.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Are you in a marginal coverage area when this happens. The 650 will wake itself up when searching for the network.
    This was also a feature in the T600. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=80697
    5 bars coverage. I tried turning off the radio, but it did it again, so doubt it's searching for coverage. Been through 2 hard resets. I believe that the 3:15am problem is pretty well described; I did not discover it and, in fact, found references to it after it happened to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    5 bars coverage. I tried turning off the radio, but it did it again, so doubt it's searching for coverage. Been through 2 hard resets. I believe that the 3:15am problem is pretty well described; I did not discover it and, in fact, found references to it after it happened to me.
    Do you have Snappermail? That is when Snapper does it's cleanups.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    What apps DO you have loaded?

My signal level is at the maximum.

Apps installed:

eWallet
    MobileDB
    Street Atlas
    Snapper
    TreoAlarm
    4cast
    TakePhone -I just installed Takephone and 2Day, was happening before.
    2Day
    Documents
    Filemaker
    pTunes
    Smartmovie
    KB LightsOff
    LEDOff
    VoiceDial
    Audible
    PowerRun
    Skinner
    Soft Reset
    TreoGuard
    BackupMan
    BackupBuddy
    SplashPhoto

I don't have anything set to update automatically. And, it's not Snapper doing it's 3:00am thing. It happens at all times. Like I said earlier, it does not come on all the time and is extremely sporadic.
    You said you have been through 2 hard resets - does that mean that the Treo did this while it was clean (no apps loaded)?
    Cingular Treo 650