1.    #1  
    I posted some quality problems with the Seidio Sync and Charge cable for the Treo 650 on Treo Central a few months ago. I went through a few different versions. All of them had issues with the connector that plugged into the Treo 650.

I actually, tried a few competitors products since then, and they also use the same 3rd party connector which has issues on the Treo 650.

Well.. I was contacted by Seidio the other day. I guess they came out with another version of the connector for this cable. I tried it today. It works. Hooray.. No more metal contacts that are messed up. It looks like they found a different source then everyone else for the Treo 650 side of the cable.

I've attached a picture of the connector on the new improved Seidio Cable.

Anyway.. This connector slides much easier into my Treo 650. No messed up connectors. Woohoo... Not only does this fix the Seidio cable, but it makes the Seidio cable (in my opinion) a much better cable then any of the others that are using the crappy end connector.

I just wanted to post that this problem is fixed. Not sure if all the Seidio cables are now shipping with this connector yet, or not. You might want to make sure when you order.

My Original thread with the initial problem is listed here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=68570
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I posted some quality problems with the Seidio Sync and Charge cable for the Treo 650 on Treo Central a few months ago. I went through a few different versions. All of them had issues with the connector that plugged into the Treo 650.

I actually, tried a few competitors products since then, and they also use the same 3rd party connector which has issues on the Treo 650.

Well.. I was contacted by Seidio the other day. I guess they came out with another version of the connector for this cable. I tried it today. It works. Hooray.. No more metal contacts that are messed up. It looks like they found a different source then everyone else for the Treo 650 side of the cable.

I've attached a picture of the connector on the new improved Seidio Cable.

Anyway.. This connector slides much easier into my Treo 650. No messed up connectors. Woohoo... Not only does this fix the Seidio cable, but it makes the Seidio cable (in my opinion) a much better cable then any of the others that are using the crappy end connector.

I just wanted to post that this problem is fixed. Not sure if all the Seidio cables are now shipping with this connector yet, or not. You might want to make sure when you order.

My Original thread with the initial problem is listed here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=68570
    Yes, currently, we are shipping only the new version of the Retractable sync
    and charge cable for Treo 650.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Hi, is this the same sync & charge cable that TreoCentral Store is selling?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidU
    Hi, is this the same sync & charge cable that TreoCentral Store is selling?
    Hi David,

Yes, Treocentral is shipping this cable now.

Seidio
    is there a policy of sending back the old cables in exchange for the new ones? also- does that part that looks like a hotsync button function? or is it just for show... that looks like the "rugged" connector featured on some chargers
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Since Seidio has acknowledged problems with their old connectors is their any trade in policy for us stuck with old ones? I have two not working worth a damn. It seems whenever someone ask for compensation, the threads die. Is that standing behind your product?
    I am having problems with the new s&c cable from seidio. It will not sync consistently. It connects for power, but it will nor work for a sync, and I get CRC error when trying to use it to sync music. The standard sync cable and the palm cradle work without problem.

Is this a known problem with this cable?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Do you have the new cable with the sync button? You actually stopped me from purchasing it this morning. I have two of the old ones that worked when they wanted to (no sync button). I was going to try the new one until I read this. I think I am going to do without the charge part and just buy a palmone cable. These after market cables do not seem to be reliable for a person using it daily.
    I've been using mine for about 2 weeks now and have not had a problem with either charging or synching. I have the most recent version with synch button - just got it 2 weeks ago from Trecentral.
    I have the new cable with the sync button. It does not start a sync with the button, or from the hotsync app within the treo. I believe one of the pins is not connecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by syarost
    I have the new cable with the sync button. It does not start a sync with the button, or from the hotsync app within the treo. I believe one of the pins is not connecting.
    This cable is one of our best selling products. The quality of this cable is very stable and consistent. Very few RMA is received. Please contact rma@seidio.com

Seidio