Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys i just installed TreoAlarm on my Treo 650, i was just curious as to know whether or not the Center button on the 5-way navigation is still usable? Because when i click on the app, down in the lower right-hand corner it has update and alarms. But i'm not able to click on them. I have to go into the Menu to actually update weather, etc...

Now that i'm on the weather page, how do i get back to the main thing of the app? In other words, how can i go back to the alarm? Because again, it won't let me highlight the Update and Alarms button in the lower right hand corner. Help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    You have to click on "Update" or "Alarm" with the stylus or your thumb.
    It is still very much a beta program. I downloaded it yesterday and deleted it this morning. It had some nice features but not ready for prime time just yet.
  4.    #4  
    OOOOOk... That makes sense then. Thanks plaut!!! Anyone out there have any other suggestions on what to download? I heard about Butler how is that? I know it's a charge for Butler though. That's why i stuck w/ TreoAlarm.
    I really like TreoAlarm. Once you set it up, when the alarm goes off the 5 way controls the snooze/cancel/something buttons just fine. I set mine up to wake me up M-F then Sat/Sun, works terrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    It is still very much a beta program. I downloaded it yesterday and deleted it this morning. It had some nice features but not ready for prime time just yet.
    Well, I was just going to release 1.0 in a few days. I'll have to cancel it now, I guess....

Why do you think it is not ready?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    Hey guys i just installed TreoAlarm on my Treo 650, i was just curious as to know whether or not the Center button on the 5-way navigation is still usable? Because when i click on the app, down in the lower right-hand corner it has update and alarms. But i'm not able to click on them. I have to go into the Menu to actually update weather, etc...

Now that i'm on the weather page, how do i get back to the main thing of the app? In other words, how can i go back to the alarm? Because again, it won't let me highlight the Update and Alarms button in the lower right hand corner. Help would be appreciated.
    You can use 'U' to update weather and 'A' to show alarms form.
    Quote Originally Posted by roustk
    You can use 'U' to update weather and 'A' to show alarms form.

thatz hottt...didn't know that
    Well, I was just going to release 1.0 in a few days. I'll have to cancel it now, I guess....

Why do you think it is not ready?
    stop playin wit my 'motions...ignore him/her and release 1.0
    yes dude... me a treoalarm fan as well! thanx for the great app... waiting for 1.0
    1.0 should go along as planned treo alarm is a nice app and I am looking foward to continued improvements that can be added after the release

Fred
    Great app. I use it as my daily alarm. I have to get up at different times depending on the day and this app makes it great to already have my week setup and not have to remember to "set" the alarm everynight.
    Treoalarm is actually the first alarm program that I liked and stuck with since inception. Now however, version 0.99 doesn't bypass the native security app when it locks the treo. Tried deleting and reinstalling, etc. It still didn't wake me up this morning. Like they say, keep it simple and don't mess with a good thing.

going back to 0.98 for now.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 04/19/2005 at 11:20 AM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Well, I was just going to release 1.0 in a few days. I'll have to cancel it now, I guess....Why do you think it is not ready?
    Just a note....I installed 0.99 and I overslept this morning. I seem to remember this happening ebfore but IIRC, after upgrading, I oversleep the next day <grin>.

The phone was not turned on when I rolled outta bed at 9:20 am and I know I just didn't sleep thru the 8:30 alarm cause the phone was not turned on either.

Again, IIRC, it works fine in Day 2...either that or I am doing soemthing to make it work again while looking at it to see if I could figure out why it didn't "woik" .

Any idea as to what is going on here ?
    Looking at the version notes, changes were made so the alarm won't trigger while on the phone. This is a good feature if you don't want the alarm blaring in your ear while on a call. It seems that when the treo is 'locked' via native security app, treoalarm thinks I'm on call. Well, I only need an alarm clock so obviously I don't need this extra feature because I don't make calls at 6 am and the wireless is off anyway. Hope this helps the developer.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    ok...i thought it was just me. alarm did not wake me up yesterday. couldn't figure it out so I reset the alrm today and also set the worldclock alarm as well (just in case). Well, for the 2nd day in a row, trealarm did not go off...(bur worldclock did). Treoalarm was fine before 0.99.
    My v0.99 wont download updates when it turns the phone on. I tried doing it in the same alarm, and then I tried one alarm to turn on the phone in the morning and another a couple of minutes later to download updates. The phone turns on, but the updates never ocurr automatically.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I hadn't realized .99 was out yet. Guess I'll stick with .98 for now. Thanks for the heads up.

Ivory...
    Yup, me too....2nd day in a row and no wake up alarm, no phone off in PM, no phone on in AM.....0.99 introduced a bug somewhere.
    Back to 0.98 today and I woke up on time. It seems that all these added features are more of a problem for me and I already have most of them in other apps. Nice to have a do-everything app but then you expose yourself to more conflicts. I would suggest that TreoAlarm should just be an ALARM but the weather update is a good addtion - anything above and beyond is just fluff. IMHO.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast