1.    #1  
    Just curious, I noted that if I type "cant" and numerous other contractions into the Memo application, then when I press the space bar, Memo automatically edits the entry to "can't".

Has this been a feature of the Memo application for a while? I certainly dont (!) recall it being a feature on my venerable old m515.

Are there any other "smart" correction features like this on the 650?
    all I can say is that it works on mine too
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    It does it everywhere. Send a text or email someone, and it'll correct your punctuation too.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. gw1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    In older versions of the Palm OS there was a prefs panel for editing these but I haven't been able to find it on the 650.
    Whoo-hoo! Fireball, you need to add this to the "Trick and Tips" thread...nice find. I never hit space bar before because I figured people would laugh if I didn't use proper punctuation with my fancy-pants QWERTY keyboard so I always meticulously added the apostrophe myself.
    wish we could edit and add these "shortcuts"! Blackberry has this feature where you can set things up like:

u - you
    r - are
    j - John
    sig - all your pertinent signature info
    there are shortcuts that you can use, like :shortcut: D will put the date in for you. Maybe its customized from the same place?
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    it's not quite smart enough to recognize contractions beginning with "shall" or ending with "have," like shan't or would've. still, pretty cool--except what if it is my wont to use wont?
    - pc
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yes, I'd love a way to customize this. Would make typing much easier! Could also be an auto spell checker too maybe? Anyone know of an app that does these kinds of things?

Thanks,
    Jacob H.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    It will also fix hsa to has, adn to and. Any of these auto corrections can be undone by backspacing twice after the change is made and it will ho back to how you typed it and stay. I use 'hsa' as an acronym at work and that is how I noticed this.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)