1.    #1  
    I cannot seem to get my versamail to connect to any smtp servers...whether it is gmail or fastmail... any suggestions?
    Last edited by Bridges; 04/08/2005 at 03:03 PM.
    Use mail.sprintpcs.com with your vision username and password for outgoing. You can set versamail up to display your gmail and/or fastmail as the sending address for the recipient. Vision doesn't play nice with other smtp servers.
    smtp....smtp.sprintpcs.com
    pop...pop.sprintpcs.com
    username....Bridges....(NOT Bridges@sprintpcs.com, meaning only use the part in front of the @ symbol)
    password...your email password
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    make sure you have authentication enabled for th smtp server is versamails settings.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Known issue since last Dec, when Sprint decided to misconfigure their routers.

Search "mikec" and "smtp" to see the thead.

Total pain in the arse, with the stupid "sent on behalf of" crap.

Worked perfectly for over a year....and then they screwed it up for no good reason.

Morons.
  6. PGR
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I've had no problem using both the SMTP & POP servers for my company mail account (PacBell), my SBCGlobal account, and the web hosting service where I park my own domain.

I haven't even tried my SprintPCS account 'cause I don't use it. I already have to weed enough spam out of the accounts I do use.

Pete
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Handspring Visor > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Pro > Pre (in November) ... Evolution, or more money than sense?