Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just discovered (thanks to KenK giving me access to his AOL account) that AOL supports IDLE. What's that about??? They don't even support STANDARD commands, and IDLE is distinctly optional.

What that means is that an AOL implementation would support PUSH... I guess I have to reconsider...

Marc
    Good news, thanks! Please keep us posted.
    OK Marc, let yer fingers do some more magic..........
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Ok, I'm going to do it, possibly this weekend.

Marc
    WOW, Chattermail seems to be smashing Snappermail really hard.

Is it just me or it smells like dead fish?

Al
    Even though I don't use AOL I will say once again Marc is *very* responsive to every customer request/complaint, he is truly the very best software support I have EVER seen for a one man team and if there ever is a award for programmer/support of the year he would have my vote in a minute!

Marc set's a standard by which other Palm programmers should follow, I'm not saying other programmer's do not provide exceptional support I can however say I see Marc posting daily and *listening* to his customers, he also answers every e-mail you send to him and though he is surely busy he will work with you to resolve problem's via e-mail...support like this nowadays is sort of rare and I applaud Marc mostly for the fact the he supports you *after* the purchase.
    Coo then looks like your gonna get another customer! Bye bye Snapper! ! !

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Unbelievable...first you bring back legacy IM, then you implement POP and now your going after the infamous AOL email users....Marc-you're the man. I really don't think there is anything you can't get going on this. Bravo.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Now if you could only get my IT guys to turn on IDLE...
    Marc,
    sign me up for chatter and aol

thanks,
    Kevin
    What exactly push email mean ? Sorry for the ignorance .
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12.    #12  
    It means your Treo is told when new mail arrives without need for "polling". With AOL, you'd get notification in an average of one minute from when the mail arrives (with fastmail, it's more like 5 seconds, but still it's pretty good...)

Marc
    Marc your work with Chattermail is great, & the funny thing is you got Snapper running to hide from you, their about a year behind. Plus have you been reading the funny things on the Snappermail forums? Snapper is good, but I keep following up on Chatter & its really rolling on to the Best App for the year!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  14.    #14  
    rev -Yes, I check in their every day, just to see what people are saying, and I posted this morning about the Chatter vs. Snapper thread.

BTW, I am uploading a new beta version that supports AOL right now...

Marc
    I will be on the Chatter train now! Yeah....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    So, as I understand this, chattermail will now do pop3 and will also do push? If so, where can I acquire / purchase this.
  17.    #17  
    pilottreo1 - These are two different things... POP3 can NEVER be pushed; it's just not possible. The best you can do, perhaps, is trigger a pull with SMS.

Chatter can do push with IMAP servers that support it, including AOL.

Marc
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Marc - any advice on how to convince my IT guys to trun on the IDLE command (Groupwise server)?
  19.    #19  
    amell - I don't know whether Groupwise has IDLE as an option, but you should ask...

Marc
    Why is it that some IMAP servers support 'idle' and other don't?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast