1.    #1  
    I downloaded the Voice Memo v.1.1 app from another thread on the board and have been using it on my Treo 650 with good results. I believe it originally came from a T5.

My question is... Is there any way to turn the Treo or the screen off while recording? Or change apps and continue to record. I've been using it for a few weeks for short memos to myself but tried recording a seminar last night and the screen never turned off. Worse yet when I tried turning it off or switching apps, the recording stopped. It was a 2 hour seminar so I just gave up and stopped trying to record it.

Is it me or is this a "feature" of Voice Memo?

Mandy
    Just turn the backlight off before you start recording.

By the way, how good is the quality from your lecture recording? I have found the volume too low on mine.
    I use zlauncher and it gives me the option of screen brightness, i just turn it all the way down.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    COuld you please advise where I could download Voicememo V1.1. I am unable to find the thread mentioned here.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you..
    I have recently downloaded voicememo (thanks for the links all) and soundrecord, both seem to work fairly well, and with fooling around with the record/playback volume, i can get good volume. However, only the earlier version of soundrecord lets me save to the SD card, the new ver, v1.05.1, does not, wonder why?
    Quote Originally Posted by heyknee2
    I have recently downloaded voicememo (thanks for the links all) and soundrecord, both seem to work fairly well, and with fooling around with the record/playback volume, i can get good volume. However, only the earlier version of soundrecord lets me save to the SD card, the new ver, v1.05.1, does not, wonder why?
    Why would you need need both? I would, from your avatar, think that you'd only need one recorder to record them all.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    the more the merrier on my precious? seriously, one will go, I am just testing to see which seems to work better......