1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to set up Bluetooth syncing on the Powerbook under OSX?

I've got the DUN stuff working over BT, but I still have to use my cable to sync.

I think I've got the Palm stuff working right, but I can't seem to get the OSX side right.
  2.    #2  
    Got it!

It helps when you point to the CORRECT paired PC.
    DOH!
    But it is Sloooooooow. It took my Treo over 6 minutes to sync with my Dual G5. I'm sticking to USB.
  4.    #4  
    Turn off the backup conduit and you'll find that it's MUCH faster. All you have to do is occasionally hook up the USB cable and turn the backup conduit on (for a safety net).

I typically sync with my PowerBook, so not having to use a cable is a real bonus.

(That and Bluetooth dial-up networking!)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01

(That and Bluetooth dial-up networking!)
    driven1, are you able to use Bluetooth DUN and sync (though obviously not at the same time)? I had it set up for BT sync, but had to unpair my PB and Treo650 for the BT DUN to work. Did you pair the BT DUN first, then the sync?

I like the idea of BT sync when traveling. And the disabling the backup seems like a good tip, because it is slooow.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    If you can do Bluetooth DUN, you can connect that way and hotsync via TCPIP. It's a bit faster than Bluetooth Serial hotsyncing. Network Hotsync is built in to Palm OS now and can be anabled on the desktop. Palm One has a good tutorial on getting it working.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    If you can do Bluetooth DUN, you can connect that way and hotsync via TCPIP. It's a bit faster than Bluetooth Serial hotsyncing. Network Hotsync is built in to Palm OS now and can be anabled on the desktop. Palm One has a good tutorial on getting it working.
    I checked out PalmOne and only found that BT network hotsync works on PC but not Mac. Could you point me to the tutorial to which you refer? Thanks much!