1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone,

I have a pc that I remote control into and it has my hot sync software on it. When I am away from the office and I remote control into that PC, is there a way for me to sync my treo to it? ANy help is appreciated.
    I think you can use Sprint's Business Connection to synch your Calander/Contacts/Inbox, but I'm not 100% sure. I used it for like 1/2 a day and hated the software.
  3.    #3  
    I'm on cingular, and have to assume that my company won't allow over the air sync's and need to do it at the desktop level. I have remote access through Terminal Services that is how I would like to try and sync.
    Look into Cingular's Xpressmail - Personal edition - basically the same as Bizcon. I wouldn't think that a corporate firewall would prevent the synch as I believe it is http traffic.
    Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) which is really Terminal Services, supports the sharing of serial devices. What this means is that you can make a serial port on your client machine act like it's connected to the server machine. You might be able to use an IR serial port or a Bluetooth serial port for this too - I don't know. I also don't know how to do this with the standard Microsoft RDC client. There is an open source RDC client that lets you do this. It's called RDesktop. Search Google for it.
    Setting up RDC to do this is not a simple thing to do - it will require a lot of technical know-how. If you decide to try and do this, post back here with your results.
    Here are some resources to help you. Apparently, the option to share serial ports is right in the latest RDC client.
    Microsoft
    Terminal Services
    It is not HTTP traffic as that would be really insecure! It is encrypted traffic that typically uses port 443 as it conduit which a lot of corporations leave alone and don't do SPI.

Quote Originally Posted by paulclif
    Look into Cingular's Xpressmail - Personal edition - basically the same as Bizcon. I wouldn't think that a corporate firewall would prevent the synch as I believe it is http traffic.