1.    #1  
    Since the Treo 650 seams to have a PXA chip in it, has anyone tried PXA Clocker on it? (ie: Clocking down whilein the phoen app orlauncher, clocking up while in some other apps?) With other devices you can extend the battery life and improve performance across the board, but being a more fragile device I'm hesitant to muck with it

jeff
    I use the registered version and it's great. To all watching this is not sarcasm...

There is at least one thread that you should be able to find by searching. Doing that before you start a thread is always a good idea.

The current thread has postings of individual experience with specific settings.

good luck!
  3.    #3  
    Searching on pxa, clocker, overclock and overclocking didn't turn up anything

jeff
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...er&titleonly=0

result of "pxa clocker" search from my treo 650. Did you use the search engine at TC?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 04/09/2005 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Updated to correct link
  5.    #5  
    I did. The search seams flaky however..

ie: Right now I'm looking to find somethign like ProfeoRC (worked for treo 600 to automaticly turn radio on/off by time of day). Searching from the Search bar at top of TC differs in results sometimes from searchign in the forum itself.. curious. I'm also seriously messed up withthe flu right now so perhaps I'm just blowing it

aha, at least profeo can be found at PG easily enough:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=61265

jeff
  6.    #6  
    Agh, ProfeoRC still only works with Treo 600.. darn, another post coming

jeff
    "technician"

www.hobbyistsoftware.com

is an mp3 ringer program that can do this.
    pxa clocker really speeds up mmplayer for me but anything over 507mhz locks my phone up
    I have been using PXA clocker for 2 months now clocking at 546mhz. There is definitely a speed difference but nothing to get excited about.
    Yes TC search is flakey.

Avoid PXA Clocker...very unstable at any speed. Others will say otherwise, but after testing on about 20 Treos of various configs, I'm convinced it's more trouble than it is worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Yes TC search is flakey.

Avoid PXA Clocker...very unstable at any speed. Others will say otherwise, but after testing on about 20 Treos of various configs, I'm convinced it's more trouble than it is worth.
    Not a single crash with PXA Clocker for over a month now. 468MHz all day, every day. It makes a big difference when watching movies.
    I dont do an overall system overclock, as I run ChatterEmail which runs in kinda the "background" (or as close as you can come to this on a Palm) and it doesn't like an overclocked Treo. I do use it, however, on an app by app basis. I overclocked Adobe Acrobat reader and downclocked eReader and Zork, and some others, and it works fine for me.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Using pxaclocker at 426Mhz for NesEM and DreamEngine. NES isn't too big of a deal but Keith Courage on Dream Engine really needs the additional horsepower. Using the freeware version. I also cool the phone using my urine.