1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried using a voice command software to launch PTunes and then start play?

Is it possible?

I know you can cause an application to launch but can you affect a command inside of that application?

For instance: When driving with PTunes playing and the phone rings, PTunes will stop playing, the phone switches over so that you can answer the incoming call or ignore it. When done with the call I have to manually switch back to PTunes then press the Play button to get back where I was.
    I could use an application to launch PTunes again but would I then have to reach out to the phone to hit the button to start it playing?

If this will work or can be made to work it would be a big benefit to the idea of Hands-Free operation. At the moment it is only handsfree for the talking, not the answering, hanging up or getting back to where I was before the call.

Anybody?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_nite_owl
    Has anyone tried using a voice command software to launch PTunes and then start play?

Is it possible?

I know you can cause an application to launch but can you affect a command inside of that application?

For instance: When driving with PTunes playing and the phone rings, PTunes will stop playing, the phone switches over so that you can answer the incoming call or ignore it. When done with the call I have to manually switch back to PTunes then press the Play button to get back where I was.
    I could use an application to launch PTunes again but would I then have to reach out to the phone to hit the button to start it playing?

If this will work or can be made to work it would be a big benefit to the idea of Hands-Free operation. At the moment it is only handsfree for the talking, not the answering, hanging up or getting back to where I was before the call.

Anybody?

Thanks.
    VoiceLauncher has an exclusive feature:virtual keys enqueuing. This feature lets you send key press events after the application has been launched. In the case of pTunes, you can configure this script to start playing and turn the screen off:

command "P" command "C"

Regards, Jean-Francois.