Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Tools, utilities, etc. What are your must-haves? What does it do and what does it offer?

Thanks!
    JAMES.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ntial+software

Use Essential software in a search......lots of threads/posts.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    BackupBuddy www.bluenomad.com - always a good idea to have a good backup.

Uninstall Manager www.northglide.com - helps keep the Treo clean after trying out new software

eWallet www.iliumsoft.com - helps keep track of all those passwords and serial numbers and keeps them safe and encrypted

eReader www.ereader.com - keeps a decent dictionary handy (Merriam Webster's 13th Collegiate Edition) plus some really interesting ebooks

TealScript www.tealpoint.com - lets you use Grafitti1 strokes anywhere on your screen.

FileZ www.nosleep.net - EXCELLENT file manager

ChatterEmail www.chatteremail.com - very cool email app that supports push to your Treo if you have an IMAP compatible server
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Hehe.... I think you're going to get slammed. If you do a search you willl likely find many posts on this, but.... The programs that are essential to me are PocketTunes (music), Cuaserie (Instant Messaging), PDANet (DUN), ZLauncher, SpalshMoney (expense management), and Documents to Go. Also, MobileDB (Database App) is very handy for quick information, but its not a must have for me.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your replies so far. I considered not posting after much search through previous threads. I decided to ask because 1) I wanted to know about apps specifically on 650s, and 2) I wanted to know why a particular app is important, and what unique feature it offers.

It would be nice to have a list all in one place.

Thanks again,
    JAMES.
    Popclock5: it has a one button activation and you get time, battery meter, memory and schedule alarms in one screen. (free)
    Colorize: because I like being able to customize my colors on my Treo. (free)
    Switch5: allows me to retain the last 5 or more programs I have used, including some set programs at the click of a button. (free)
    Free wallet: it stores my credit card numbers securely with password.
    Today: it is a great program that I use as my home program.
    Wordsmith: I use it for my word document files.
    Shoplist: excellent shopping list program and it's free.
    4cast: I like to know the weather forcast
    Biblereader+: good program with nice features.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Keycaps 600 (works perfectly on 650)
    It is customizable, but the way I have it set it give me an uppercase letter when I hit a character twice quickly (ie, hh = H), or if I hit it three times or hold it it gives me the option character (ie, hhh or h(hold) = $).
    It is an excellent app, and it makes my typing speed Much faster.

Zlauncher, with Today Plugin
    Again it is VERY customizable, but the way I have it set, every time I turn on my Treo or hit the Home (apps) key it shows me any upcoming appointments for today and tommorow and also any due tasks. Also all my apps are right there for handy use at the same time. I can keep hitting the home key to cycle through my tabs, or I can use left and right, or I can just hit them on the touchscreen. Also browsing inside the tabs to select an app is fully supports by the 5 way nav. key. Plus as I said before Zlauncher is Very customizable, you can change EVERYTHING about it.
    Once I started using Zlauncher, I wonder how I got by without it before. I love it.

Here is a screenshot so you can see what I mean:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p-BE7C185F.bmp http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p-BE7C1B06.bmp
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Here's another link that will give the top 6 apps.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75871
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    chillin,

How did you setup Zlauncher to look the way you did in the pics?
    Chillin,

Where can I find Keycaps 600?

Thanks for the recommendation.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Popclock5: it has a one button activation and you get time, battery meter, memory and schedule alarms in one screen. (free)
    Could you post Popclock5? I can't find it on Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Could you post Popclock5? I can't find it on Google.
    That's because it's Clockpop5

Anyhoo, the latest version of Keyguarad time gives you Clockpop's functionality and more as well as the ability to flash up a clock when the keyguard is enabled..

Here are links to both

Keyguard Time+

Clockpop5
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO
    chillin,

How did you setup Zlauncher to look the way you did in the pics?
    I am using the theme "ZLT_AquawoodXP_Hi_64K.prc". However that theme actually looks nothing like what my screenshots look like. I heavily customized it.

I could list exactly what settings I used if you like, but it would take a while (that is what I love about Zlauncher, it is sooo customizable.)

Here is the theme file I used:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soylent Green Is People

Quote Originally Posted by caltreo
    Chillin,

Where can I find Keycaps 600?

Thanks for the recommendation.
    Here is a link:

http://www.geekandproud.net/software/keycaps650.php
    Soylent Green Is People

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Must we do a 'must-have'?
    chillin, how did you take those screen shots?
    Most likely Snap or something similar. Snap is free and works well!

yeah, i tried snap but i can't get the pictures to take for some reason...
    You have an SD card?

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Directory Assistant http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

simple, effective, excellent app
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast