1.    #1  
    Just curious.. has anyone successfully connected to the internet via BT DUN using the Tmobile Tzones plan? Im wondering if you must have the Tmobile internet plan to use DUN. Anyone?

Thanks in advance...
  2.    #2  
    anyone?
    Only port 80 (www) and email ports are open (110, 25, 143) in this plan as long as you use the following proxy: 216.155.165.50 port 8080. That's good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Just curious.. has anyone successfully connected to the internet via BT DUN using the Tmobile Tzones plan? Im wondering if you must have the Tmobile internet plan to use DUN. Anyone?

Thanks in advance...
    T-Zones is good enough for me. I am using BT DUN with T-Zones plan sending this message.
    what seetings did you use? What computer are you connected to?
    I am also using TZones in conjunction with a http proxy over port 143 tomy home computer running squidnt, a proxy service.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by *treo600*
    T-Zones is good enough for me. I am using BT DUN with T-Zones plan sending this message.
    I was told today by a CS from Tmobile that I needed the Tmobile internet plan, I kept my Tzones. Do you mind sharing what settings you are using? Where did you find the info for your username, password, GPRS CID string, etc.

Id really appreciate it if you could share your knowledge, Ive been battling with this issue for a week now. Us less tech savvy peeps need to be educated somehow

Thanks in Advance!
  8.    #8  
    FINALLY! I am currently posting while connected via BT DUN on my Treo 650! Thanks to WineBrat for the help with this issue. For those who have Tmobile Tzones service and are still having issues here are my settings...

Username: (your cell number)
    Password: (your tmobile.com password)
    GPRS CID string: wap.voicestream.com

Also, use the generic 3G GSM script from http://www.taniwha.org.uk/

The only problem I have now is staying connected! I think my longest connection was about 2 minutes. Ive had to connect twice to post this.
    I just got T-zones (and a finally functional 650) -- could you tell me step by step where you entered that stuff in order to begin with the t-zones ??? When I attempt to launch the web browser it does not connect -- and I see no option in preferences etc for t-zones (am I looking stupid??)

thanks !
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    I just got T-zones (and a finally functional 650) -- could you tell me step by step where you entered that stuff in order to begin with the t-zones ??? When I attempt to launch the web browser it does not connect -- and I see no option in preferences etc for t-zones (am I looking stupid??)

thanks !
    Are you talking about connecting to the web on your Treo or on your laptop viz BT DUN? Im assuming you are talking about connecting on your treo.. if so then heres what you should try.

Go into your treo's application called "Prefs", then into "network", then choose "Tzones" as your service from the pull down bar. Your treo should automatically detect your Tmobile settings and give you the option of choosing Tmobile internet, Tmobile VPN, or Tzones. You said that you went into preferences and saw no option for Tzones... did you go into your Preferences app or into your web browers preferences?

Let me know if you still cant connect.
    Thanks !

I now see T-Zones -- but I'm not getting online yet -- and I'm not seeing where to enter the password, user name, etc.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks !

I now see T-Zones -- but I'm not getting online yet -- and I'm not seeing where to enter the password, user name, etc.
    Make sure first that when you choose "Tzones" in your network options that you hit the "connect" button. You should see a menu pop up that shows your network connection being established.

If you are just trying to browse the internet through your Treo's built in web browser then you dont need a password, username, etc. You should be able to connect simpy by opening the browser application. Those settings in the above posts are for connecting to the internet on a laptop (wirelessly) using your Treo's web browsing capabilities and a hidden BlueTooth feature. But dont worry yourself with that just yet since youre still trying to learn how to connect to the internet on your Treo!

Try resetting the phone, then open the web browser and see if you can connect. Make sure that your "network" settings are always on "Tzones" and that you are connected. Also, keep in mind that Tzones only offers limited web broswing capabilities so you might want to try logging on to a site that has a wap address like google.com.

If you still cant connect to the web and you tried all the above steps, go into your web browser, hit the menu button on your treo, go to "options", then to "preferences", then click on the "advanced" tab at the top of your screen, then click on the button thats says "set proxy", then enable "use custom proxy". You should now be able to enter your own proxy and port settings. For proxy server type in "216.155.165.50" and for Port enter in "8080". Then click "ok" and you should now be able to surf the web on your treo.
    very cool !! thanks --

I've gotten online through the proxy -- but not directly from Blazer.

If I could get on directly through Blazer Would I have unfettered web access ?

(btw --how fast is the Bluetooth to laptop DUN = 56k ?)
  14.    #14  
    very cool !! thanks --

I've gotten online through the proxy -- but not directly from Blazer.

If I could get on directly through Blazer Would I have unfettered web access ?

(btw --how fast is the Bluetooth to laptop DUN = 56k ?)
    If you followed my instructions by entering in the custom proxy settings in Blazer then you should have unfettered web access. All you are doing is using Tmobile's server in order to access the web. Keep in mind that the Tzones plan isnt supposed to allow unfettered access to the web by default, so this "work around" isnt exactly something you wanna share with their customer service reps if ya know what i mean...

As far as the BT Dun goes... your connection depends on your service and the area in which you live. If you have Cingular and live in Southern California then chances are you can get EDGE speeds which are (typically) twice as fast as a 56k modem. Some Tmobile users (including myself) who live in the Southern California area are also experiencing EDGE speeds when browsing the internet. In some spots I get an average of 110kb/sec.
    Last edited by The Truth; 04/09/2005 at 03:37 PM.
    again thanks -- I'm browsing !

hate P1's browser though. Is there a Palm capable browser that formats web pages so that scrolling ain't required ?? (Too bad Opera isn't POS capable.)

Eventually I'll attempt to emulate yourlaptop/Bluetooth DUN arrangement. (Will any laptop Bluetooth adapter work -- or must I buy one particularly compatible with the 650's BT profile?)