Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I like James' article about putting up cool icons for your new Treo in iSync, and plan to execute faithfully his instructions as soon as I upgrade from my 180. But what about now? Are there icons available for my Treo 180?
    -mbd26
    here's some 180 icons I made a while back
    Attached Files Attached Files
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  3.    #3  
    Thanks imageone, great icons. I've not followed through on Jame's iSync trick, though, because I cannot find the current icone that iSync uses (a Tungsten, I think). James says it is in the backup folder, but I see nothing. No .tiffs anywhere. Can I do this without the last bit of code where it says what to replace?
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26
    Thanks imageone, great icons. I've not followed through on Jame's iSync trick, though, because I cannot find the current icone that iSync uses (a Tungsten, I think). James says it is in the backup folder, but I see nothing. No .tiffs anywhere. Can I do this without the last bit of code where it says what to replace?
    I'm having the same problem too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I followed the instructions exacty, and it did not work.
    I looked for the tungsten icon it currently uses and could not find it either.
    Not sure what I did wrong, or why it did not work.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Did anyone get this to work? I tried multiple times and nothing happened.
    Still waiting too.
    The backup folder isn't there. One of the commands creates a backup of all your .tiff files in the Resources folder of iSync's Palm Conduit. You have to download the new Treo file to your desktop before running the commands in order for them to work. Replace Treo.tiff with tungsten.tiff in the command only if your current iSync icon looks like a Tungsten.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Replacing Treo.tiff with Tungsten.tiff worked for me. I didn't realize it was a Tungsten icon. Thanks for the help.
    Got it!!
    I forgot to change the 650 to 600 in the command.
    Worked great this time.
    It's very important that you first save the new picture to your desktop and run the commands from the article exactly as they are shown in Terminal:

Code:
    cd /System/Library/SyncServices/PalmBladeConduit.bundle/Contents/Resources 
    sudo mkdir Backups 
    sudo cp *.tiff Backups 
    sudo cp ~/Desktop/treo650-isyncicon.tiff ./Treo.tiff
    If your old icon was a Tungsten, replace the part in red with the word tungsten.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    That worked great.. Thanks!!
    Hi,

Anyone knows how to change the icon in iSync for Tiger??
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Yeah, this worked great...until I installed Tiger. Then? Not so much. : /
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    If you're afraid of using the terminal, you can make the change just as easily in the Finder. Just navigate to the /System/Library/SyncServices folder, find the PalmBladeConduit.bundle file, ctl+click on it and choose "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu. A new window will appear with some folders and other stuff. Go into the Contents/Resources folder, and you'll find the Tiffs you're looking for. Replace either the tungsten or treo one with the icon of your choice, and relaunch iSync.

Backing up the original files first is always a good idea, of course.

And no, this doesn't work in Tiger. They moved the icons to somewhere else. Haven't found them yet.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    These Spotlight searches turned up nada on my system:

tungsten
    tungsten.tiff
    treo
    treo.tiff

Any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I don't think Spotlight searches within packages. That's why those files won't turn up.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Okay. Found it. The file is in the iSync application package itself. Just go to Applications/iSync, ctl+Click, choose "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to Contents/Resources, and find the tungsten.tiff file. Replace it, and you should be good to go.

At least, in theory.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    Okay. Found it. The file is in the iSync application package itself. Just go to Applications/iSync, ctl+Click, choose "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to Contents/Resources, and find the tungsten.tiff file. Replace it, and you should be good to go.

At least, in theory.
    No luck for me Maybe we can get James Hromadka to chime in (the original iSync Cutomizing article author)...
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Yeah. I tried it, too. No dice. There's got to be another location where that tiff file resides. I just can't find it anywhere.

We need a search engine that can search within packages.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast