Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Franko,

I noticed you are using a T650 from Sprint. I too have the same thing. My question to you is how you go about disconnecting from the internet. My Blazer has absolutely no way of logging off the internet...none. I have seen others report this same problem from their Sprint T650 phones. A friend recently bought the same thing from Sprint, and is experiencing the same problem too. We both also did the 1.08 update.

Currently, my method is to press the phone (green) button, then press the phone (red) button to turn off unit. Then wait a few seconds before I can actually receive an incoming call. This is obviously a poor method, and there must be a better way.

If others are also using a T650 from Sprint with Blazer, please also chime in.

Thanks, Casey.
    'Tis a beautiful thing, is it not?

Well, you can go into your System> Prefs>Communications>Network and tap disconnect.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have never been able to find a way without turning the phone off.
    Insertion:
    That method is too cumbersome...must be an easier way. Maybe there is a 3rd party software that will interface with Blazer to do this?

James:
    Turning off the phone works, but there is still a time lag for me before I can actually receive an incoming call. I want to be able to disconnect **immediately** and receive any calls right away without delay.
    Insertion:
    That method is too cumbersome...must be an easier way. Maybe there is a 3rd party software that will interface with Blazer to do this?

James:
    Turning off the phone works, but there is still a time lag for me before I can actually receive an incoming call. I want to be able to disconnect **immediately** and receive any calls right away without delay.
    I use 2day and 4cast from www.shsh.com.
    4cast has a disconnect option in its menu.
    The link you gave has no mention of 4cast in its products page...only shows 2day.

Where is the 4cast application? Thanks.
    Insertion:
    hehehe, I never said it would be easy! It's a PITA, but there is no way through Blazer. Dunno why, other apps like TreoAlarm and Snapper have that option...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Sorry, wrote too soon...I think it's immediately under the caption 2Day Plugins...but there is no picture shown of product.
    The link you gave has no mention of 4cast in its products page...only shows 2day.

Where is the 4cast application? Thanks.
    Click the Products link on the left. You'll find 4cast, it'll show as a plugin but can be run as a stand-alone product.

It appears that "4Cast" is a weather application. Does this weather application have a way of disconnecting from the internet? Seems odd for a weather application to have this function, but Blazer doesn't.
    It appears that "4Cast" is a weather application. Does this weather application have a way of disconnecting from the internet? Seems odd for a weather application to have this function, but Blazer doesn't.
    the 4cast application can automatically disconnect from the internet after getting the updated weather information or you can disconnect manually through the menu option
    Insertion, yes, I was hoping for an easy solution. Even my Snapper is configured to automatically disconnect from the internet after it's done doing automatic fetching of new mail every 30 minutes.

On a related note, if not Blazer, what other browsers are better? One that has a dis-connect button, of course!
    When I'm on the internet, say Yahoo Finance for example, and I'm done, I want to be able to disconnect from the internet immediately. I don't want to then have to connect on the internet to 4Cast which will take more time, simply to then press the disconnect button. Doing this roundabout method will take at least several seconds I would imagine. I may as well press the red phone button to turn off the unit, which will take maybe a few seconds before I can receiving incoming phone calls. Having to log onto 4cast as my final internet destination prior to disconnecting from the internet doesn't seem practical to me...just my opinion of course.
    Sorry, wrote too soon...I think it's immediately under the caption 2Day Plugins...but there is no picture shown of product.
    Here's a screen cap I took.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Insertion,

Thanks for your Snap image. I think it's so cool how Snap can capture images, much like a Print Screen function. At this time, I don't think 4Cast is the answer for me.

Do you know any browser application better than Blazer that offers internet disconnect?
    Insertion,

Thanks for your Snap image. I think it's so cool how Snap can capture images, much like a Print Screen function. At this time, I don't think 4Cast is the answer for me.

Do you know any browser application better than Blazer that offers internet disconnect?
    Hmmmm...there is Xiino but I don't use it, so I have no idea. There's another browser, but I can't think of it right now...

Insertion - Are you from Azusa - is that why your always in a bad mood?
    Not Azusa, Bradbury Adjacent.

Insertion,

I recommend you write the developer for Treo Connection Manager and have him enhance his product to be Treo 650 compatible. I have the application on my Treo 600 and it does exactly what you want it to do and more - automatically so there are barely any lost incoming calls.

For information on the application visit PalmGear at http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=53537

And according to my "About" page in the app, the developer's email address is ryanc@alum.rpi.edu but I'm not sure how up to date that is given his last software version was dated January of last year. Good luck.
    Folks,

Regarding disconnecting from the Network, most new apps don't provide this because you usually don't care because your plan is either unlimited, or you are being charged by the amount of data sent.

CDMA devices keep a connection but it goes dormant after a few seconds so your phone can still receive calls. GSM devices keep the connection, but you can receive phone calls as long as you are not actively transmitting or receiving.

So, don't worry about it.

Glenn
  20.    #60  
    I can't believe, that you people are in such a rush to do things that you can't take the time to go to pref > network> disconnect. or just leave it on, what does it bother being on. relax people you have a great device, stop taking the time to complain about what it doesn't do and find out what it does! technology is wonderful enjoy it, hell you could still have a brick phone, or a bag phone for that matter
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast