Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I also have resco explorer. Has anyone used it to restore a backup from a hard reset. How does it compare to nvfs backup. Also when I did the backup it looks like two of my files didn't copy. Lastly does anyone know the difference between RAM and the built in memory section. I think the backup is only copying the RAM.
  2.    #22  
    My Treo was running very stable so i decided to add some apps, i also removed a couple.

ON TREO
    18.5 megs free

2Day
    4Cast
    Butler
    Datebk5
    KeyCaps650 (file below)
    Keyshades (file below)(toggle keyboard lights)
    NotePad (Files below)(hand written notes on you 650 + you can beam notes to other handhelds)
    PdaNet
    Ringo Pro
    Snap (capture screenshots)(files in 2nd post)
    TreoGuard
    Uninstall Manager (files in 2nd post)
    Voice Launcher
    Voicememo (files in 2nd post)
    Zlauncher + ZL Manager

ON 1 Gig SD Card

Converter (file in 3rd post)
    DA (file in 3rd post)
    DopeWars (file in 3rd post)
    Ereader
    Handzipper
    Kasprovs Chessmate
    MMPlayer

2 movies (Half Baked , Ninja Scroll)
    5 albulms
    ton of pics
    extra ringtones

128mb SD Card from Palmone

Backup card (backup buddy)
    Flight status
    memoryinfo
    filez
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Franko515; 04/22/2005 at 10:38 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  3.    #23  
    2nd POST

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4.    #24  
    3rd POST

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  5.    #25  
    everything seems to be ok, i have been playin around with my neww apps and no crashes yet. the files on the sd card are running fine as well.
    Datebk5, 2day, 4cast, and Pdanet are great apps . no problems with set up for pdanet , i just installed it and went on line via my treo . i just installed butler also, but i am only using it for the led functions (orange for voice mail etc.) how are the alarms in butler? i dont wanna use ringtones for alarms i just wanna wake up on time . i uninstalled treoalarm , i now have 2day and butler for an alarm i think, if not then i will use the calender alarm. unless someone has a free stable alarm clock

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Would you mind telling me which DA (directory assistant) program you have. I did a google search but didn't see a clear contender for this.

Thanks!
  7.    #27  
    the version # is there

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I tried installing NotePad, but keep getting error messages. Other programs installed okay. Anyone have ideas why NotePad doesn't install correctly on my Treo 650?

Thanks, Casey.
  9.    #29  
    you could just email the two prcs to your phone and when you open them it will put them in ram.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Hi Frank,

Yes, I did exactly that...but nothing happens. The application NotePad doesn't show up in my Treo650 anywhere. Strange. I did exactly the same thing for the other apps you provided, and others worked fine using the HandZipper Lite program.

Oh well, I'll try again when I get home. By the way, thanks for posting your apps here. I've downloaded the voice recorder app, plus treo caps.

By the way, what is PdaNet? Useful? Can you post it here.

Thanks!
    Whoops, I just went to your link for PdaNet. Looks useful. Does it really work in setting up laptop to connect to internet?
    Frank,

I just installed Snap to my Treo 650...very, very COOL !!! Love it!!

One question that's perplexing me though: How do I change the Snap Key to something different than Power? The Power choice is messing me up when I want to simply turn off the power, as opposed to taking a snap shot of screen.

What other choices work? I could not figure out what "Hard Key 5" and Hard Key 6" are. How do I choose something else other than Power that actually works?

Thanks!
    Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Hi Frank,

Yes, I did exactly that...but nothing happens. The application NotePad doesn't show up in my Treo650 anywhere. Strange. I did exactly the same thing for the other apps you provided, and others worked fine using the HandZipper Lite program.

Oh well, I'll try again when I get home. By the way, thanks for posting your apps here. I've downloaded the voice recorder app, plus treo caps.

By the way, what is PdaNet? Useful? Can you post it here.

Thanks!
    Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but you would need to open the attachment in your email. It wouldn't just install itself.

Also, (if you did indeed do that,) do you have a card reader? You can just copy the file over via a USB reader, and then move it to RAM via FileZ once you put the card back in the Treo.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    How do I change the Snap Key to something different than Power?
    Sounds like you have "auto disable" unchecked. I would check that because real how often are going to take a snap. Then you simplely open snap before you want to use it and "enable" then when your done snapping a picture the button returns to normal function. Other wise I dont know what button 5 is. The bitton read on the Treo as:

phone=button 1
    calender=2
    center=center
    mail=3
    end=4
    home=home
    menu=menu
    Other wise I messed with it for a second and

phone= agenda
    calender = contacts
    mail = todo
    memo = power/screen (red end button)
    5 = nothing
    6 = nothing
    James,
    Yes, thanks, you are right...calendar=contacts. I have reassigned the snap button to this. Works well.

Insertion,
    I'll have to try again a different method when I get home.
    Again Casey Cheung unless it is something your going to use acouple times a day I would check "auto disable".

Franko your thread is a good idea. I found it very help full to read what others had on their pdas. Found quite a few good apps. Do you want everyone to chime in and list what they have?
    I just installed PdaNet...wow! very cooooool program!! Virtually a no brainer in setting it up too, and works well so far. My laptop is getting internet speeds of around 50 kbps with a Sprint Treo 650 connection, as measured by a few different websites that measure speed.

I'm curious if everyone is using the USB hotsynch cable connection method, or the Bluetooth connection? I've read that Bluetooth is slower in speed, plus drains battery faster too. Should I just stick with the USB connection?

I'm assuming that there is no additional cost for using PdaNet connection from my Sprint provider, which is charging me a flat $15/monthly unlimited plan ??
    I just installed PdaNet...wow! very cooooool program!! Virtually a no brainer in setting it up too, and works well so far. My laptop is getting internet speeds of around 50 kbps with a Sprint Treo 650 connection, as measured by a few different websites that measure speed.

I'm curious if everyone is using the USB hotsynch cable connection method, or the Bluetooth connection? I've read that Bluetooth is slower in speed, plus drains battery faster too. Should I just stick with the USB connection?

I'm assuming that there is no additional cost for using PdaNet connection from my Sprint provider, which is charging me a flat $15/monthly unlimited plan ??
    As to syncing, USB is indeed faster. I suppose if you had a pretty bare Treo, with not a lot to sync, it's not so bad

As to PdaNet, I think "legally" Sprint doesn't want you to do this. But casual use is fine. Unless you're pulling down DVD rips from usenet groups, or something of that nature, where there's tons of data being transfered, you'll be fine.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Franko,

I noticed you are using a T650 from Sprint. I too have the same thing. My question to you is how you go about disconnecting from the internet. My Blazer has absolutely no way of logging off the internet...none. I have seen others report this same problem from their Sprint T650 phones. A friend recently bought the same thing from Sprint, and is experiencing the same problem too. We both also did the 1.08 update.

Currently, my method is to press the phone (green) button, then press the phone (red) button to turn off unit. Then wait a few seconds before I can actually receive an incoming call. This is obviously a poor method, and there must be a better way.

If others are also using a T650 from Sprint with Blazer, please also chime in.

Thanks, Casey.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast