Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that when the Treo is off it cannot be discovered by other devices, even if the bluetooth is on. The machine has to be turned on for bluetooth to come on, apparently, and for other Bluetooth devices to discover it. VERY strange... is it only me?
    Set "Allow Wakeup" On.
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    Set "Allow Wakeup" On.
    I didn't encounter the problem that whajj described. But, I don't see any 'Allow Wakeup' option in the bluetooth preference screen. Where is it?

Follow-up: I tapped 'Tips' on the screen, and it does implied that there is in fact a 'Allow Wakeup' option. I have an unlocked GSM version, do you have the Sprint version instead?
    I also use a GSM unlocked Treo 650 and don't have that wakeup option. And I did not encounter the problem also.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I also use a GSM unlocked Treo 650 and don't have that wakeup option. And I did not encounter the problem also.
    Although I am having other headaches getting BT DUN to work properly with my Powerbook G4, I have noticed that I don't need to keep waking up my Treo 650 each time I try to connect over BT. I've never tried doing this from a BT headset, though, since I don't have voice dialing installed.... and I am still BT challenged in the auto.

Mine is an unlocked GSM model, direct from P1
    In the BT options panel press the menu button and select "Allow wakeup". This enables the wakeup feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by breitweiser
    In the BT options panel press the menu button and select "Allow wakeup". This enables the wakeup feature.
    That option does not exist in the UL version.

The BT options screen has only:
    On/Off
    Device Name:
    Discoverable:
    Dial-up Networking:
    Done
    Setup Devices
    Tips

When you hit Menu your only options are:
    Disable device name cache
    About Bluetooth Manager
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks for all teh comments guys. On my UL GSM there is no allow wake up. I use my BT headset fine. When a call comes in teh phone wakes up anyway. However, i was referring to a situation when the unit is off and some other BT device is trying to find you. My experience is that you will not be found, unless the unit is turned on.
    NOW, does anyone have that probelm.