1.    #1  
    I just noticed that my 1GB SD card was blank. I am using a Treo 600. I put the SD card in a card reader and there were about 5 folders on it. I transfed the files to my usb jump flash stick. What do I do now to get the files back on the SD card so the Treo will read it. Should I format the SD card and transfer the files back? I'm not sure what to do.
    Ok. First of all, 1 GB sd card is not really compatible with the Treo 600. That is what I've heard from a lot of Treo 600 owners, it doesn't have the capacity to read 1 gb of files, it's quite logical. 2nd, the only way I suggest you is to format it, rename it and sync it all in the sd card, I don't garantee that it will work. A treo 600 has 144MHz ARM processor. By the way, you can probably damage your expension card slot ( of treo 600 ) so be careful. Wish you luck!

D.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. First the card was only 10% full at most. Now I tried to reformat the sd card but I got a message that "this card could not be formatted" I formatted it on my pc with my card reader with no problem. But I still get the same message. But now the Treo is not reconizing the sdcard. It does not know its in the slot. What could be the problem. Thanks
    A 1GB card works fine in a 600. I've been using mine for a while with no problems.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I have had a Sandisk 1.0 GB Ultra II for quite a while and it works perfectly on my Treo 600. There is no practical limit on the size of SD card which will work. Something is wrong with the card or your 600.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Boduylove
    Ok. First of all, 1 GB sd card is not really compatible with the Treo 600. That is what I've heard from a lot of Treo 600 owners, it doesn't have the capacity to read 1 gb of files, it's quite logical. 2nd, the only way I suggest you is to format it, rename it and sync it all in the sd card, I don't garantee that it will work. A treo 600 has 144MHz ARM processor. By the way, you can probably damage your expension card slot ( of treo 600 ) so be careful. Wish you luck!

D.

Where did you get this information? I've used just about every size without a problem. I am curious, could you provide some evidence in the form of a link?
    I have two 1G SD card and switching them back and forth with no problems.
    My Kingmax 1GB Platinum works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boduylove
    Ok. First of all, 1 GB sd card is not really compatible with the Treo 600. That is what I've heard from a lot of Treo 600 owners, it doesn't have the capacity to read 1 gb of files, it's quite logical.
    D.
    Who told you that nonsense?

Mike, I suggest checking the threads here regarding 1GB cards and you'll find a lot of happy users. Also, Mike, which card reader are you using? There may be a few threads around here regarding the better card readers; some do more harm than good.

I had one that destroyed 3 cards and after searching here, I purchase something else, then eventually moved up to Card Export 2.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Wuooo.. I'm just trying to help here. I had the same problem as Mike and people told me that a 1gb sd card is too big for a Treo 600. I asked a seller in ebay and told me that 1gb are not compatible with Treo 600, that's all, I didn't say that I was certain. Maybe it depends on the brand, me I tried a Sandisk... bad results there... had to do a Hard Reset...
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    I have had a Sandisk 1.0 GB Ultra II for quite a while and it works perfectly on my Treo 600. There is no practical limit on the size of SD card which will work. Something is wrong with the card or your 600.
    I believe the limit is actually 2gb, based on the file system supported by the Treo 600. It depends of the number of bits used in the addressing setup.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Hello Mister Mike,

This is Kevin from palmOne. You might try getting hold of another SD card somewhere and see if it will work in your 600. If it does, its probably the card. Conversely, you could try using the card in another handheld, to see if it works. There is an article in the palmOne Knowledge Library that may help troubleshoot the issue, "SD or MMC expansion card troubleshooting".

As far as card size is concerned, 2GB is the maximum. You'll be able to read more detailed, technical information in the article
    "Maximum SD expansion card size and transfer speed for palmOne handhelds".

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/