1.    #1  
    When I'm in 'mail,' how do I "disconnect" from the internet connection after I've sent/recieved my mail?

I've been switching to the web browser and using the menu there, but I know there must be a better way!
    Why do you want to?
  3.    #3  
    I guess I don't know. I'm not used to having a phone with so many capabilities to be honest. Does that mean I can just leave it on all the time?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    If you leave it on you are good..it doesnt transmit data when you aren't using it and if it isn't transmitting then you can recieve calls...only drawback it batt life but I haven't noticed a change since I started using chatter mail, always on push e-mail..
    Yeah, just leave it on. Provided you have an unlimited dataplan, there's no reason to disconnect each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Yeah, just leave it on. Provided you have an unlimited dataplan, there's no reason to disconnect each time.
    Of course there is a reason to turn off your GPRS connection. When connected, your battery drains faster.

-RC
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    So, if I remain connected after checking mail, I won't be billed anything unless I'm transmitting data, correct? I am still paying as I go for data, so I certainly don't want to screw up and get billed a huge sum simply because I left it connected to the internet.
    If you're using Versamail, there is an option to disconnect. menu/options/peferences/connections/auto-disconnect At least this is on the GSM unlocked version.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile