1.    #1  
    Okay...
    To start off... I absolutely love Chatter!
    It is the most used app I have and then comes Datebook5 and Docstogo.

But...

I keep getting phone resets and it is usually when I am exiting Chatter or switching between mailboxes.
    Now resets are not TOO big of a deal to me except for the fact that every time it happens i lose my Saved Prefs file. So all registrations and setups are wiped out.
    It is a pain in the *** and it happens at least once a day.

Now... most of the time it would say that Zlauncher was the culprit when using ##377.
    So i took Zlauncher out. Same resets.
    So i took everything that was even somewhat frivolous off the treo...
    Same resets.

I am using a 650 and the resets did not start until 1.08. I even tried different versions of Chatter from 1.04.2 to the newest beta.
    Same problem.

I have posed this question before and if no one responds i am going to assume that it is my problem alone and maybe it is MY phone.

Any one else mention anything like this Marc?
    I has similar problems and suspected it was chatter but I like the program too much... I wouldnt be happy if I used Snapper again...things have gotten better though and I only seem to have 1-2 resets per day and they are caused by "Phone" so I am not sure that chatter is causing this.

For all the value Chatter brings I'll live with 1 reset a day..one thing I changed that made the resets less frequent I *think* is the setting for checking when *roaming* , I am on Rogers Wireless Canada and when I go to the gym usually every afternoon around 2-3 p.m I roam onto Fido network at the gym and would notice my phone would always reset around this time...after I unchecked "disable while roaming" and havent had a reset at this time of day since and before I had them almost always it seemed while I was at the gym or shortly after I left...I know it sounds odd but that is what was happening.
    I was having a problem with loosing my internet conection and random resets since 1.08 I traced it to chatter which I deleted then I reinstalled it and everything has been fine since

Fred
    The updater has definitely done some damage. I think that removing ALL of Chatter (with the launcher, preferably) and then rebuilding from scratch will fix up issues related to corrupted Chatter databases. The roaming preference and disabling "Enable Local Network Time" also do a lot to prevent resets. The 650 is a frustrating beast.

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    I has similar problems and suspected it was chatter but I like the program too much... I wouldnt be happy if I used Snapper again...things have gotten better though and I only seem to have 1-2 resets per day and they are caused by "Phone" so I am not sure that chatter is causing this.

For all the value Chatter brings I'll live with 1 reset a day..one thing I changed that made the resets less frequent I *think* is the setting for checking when *roaming* , I am on Rogers Wireless Canada and when I go to the gym usually every afternoon around 2-3 p.m I roam onto Fido network at the gym and would notice my phone would always reset around this time...after I unchecked "disable while roaming" and havent had a reset at this time of day since and before I had them almost always it seemed while I was at the gym or shortly after I left...I know it sounds odd but that is what was happening.
    I feel the same way.
    I am not going back to Snapper.
    I thought about deleting Chatter and couldnt do it.
    It is very valuable to me. I send and receive email ALOT.
    And i prefer working with IMAP.

Fkpalm....
    How long has it been ok?
    I tried deleting chatter and reinstalling/rebuilding.
    Same problem.
  6.    #6  
    Marc

Believe me... I know that you are Busy.
    But...
    Is there anything that can be done on Chatter's end to make it more stable with the 1.08 update?
    I don't have a very complex set up with chatter, but that being said, I haven't had a single reset since installing the sprint 1.08 update. I have at least 25-30 different programs I use on the Treo 650 including more complex apps like Agendus, Chatter, Verichat and MMPlayer. I know how frustrating it is to lose your saved preferences file or to constantly get resets and I really think that Marc's suggestion is something worth trying (in case others haven't tried it yet).

In my opinion the key is that you cannot just leave everything on the Treo and then install the sprint update. I've found that you must (if you want to prevent odd resets from occurring etc) reinstall everything on your treo from scratch, after you install the sprint update. You can move over things like the calendar database files and your contacts etc, but everything else (especially other applications and their preferences) have to be installed from scratch. It's a laborious process and it doesn't guarantee a problem free treo, but it seems to go a long way towards ensuring better stability on the device.

Again a caveat: As I mentioned, I don't have a very complex set up with Chatter and I don't use SSL or background SSL etc. I very well may encounter problems that I don't currently know about if I did.
    paulsjmail - I think you're EXACTLY right. Every program should be loaded from scratch; in all the cases I've seen with Sprint 650's and memory issues following an update, this procedure has solved the memory issue. (As you say, there could be other issues)

Marc
    I agree mark I deleted chatter and put it back on Monday and have been very stable since

Fred
  10.    #10  
    Thanks everyone.
    I will give it a try.
    I already tried unistalling Chatter and reinstalling and it didnt help.
    So now here I go. I am about to uninstall and reinstall... EVERYTHING!

Wish me luck!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Try this fix as well - it's worked for me for the last couple of hours with no resets or lost mailboxes/accounts.

http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...1&id=2724#2724
    I backed off of Chatter after a few betas ago caused my phone to go into endless reset loops...nothing helped. I got a reset every time I tried to reply to a message, which eventually turned into a reset loop.

After reading this thread, it seems the issue may have been with the 1.08 update. I finally decided to give the latest beta a try 1.0.5b12 and it seems to be working fine. I love this app, and can't wait until it is 100% stable (for me at least...for some reason I seem to have general stability issues with Chatter).

Keep up the good work Marc!
  13.    #13  
    Okay...

So last night I bit the bullet... and hard reset my phone.
    I renamed my backup folder so that I could at least get my PIM info back.
    And then it began...

The arduous process of reinstalling EVERYTHING.
    Along with everything, including Zlauncher which some people feel is a suspect app, I reinstalled the latest Beta of Chatter.

I am happy to report that I have not had one reset today. Of course it is still early, but i have used my phone quite extensively today. Such use typically ends up in a reset but so far so good.

Got my fingers crossed tight...
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Try the new beta (13). It is working perfectly for me - nary a reset, nor have I losted a single mailbox.
    Ok, great - kudos to all of you for biting the bullet!

Marc
  16.    #16  
    All day without a reset!
    A few times I was purposely doing the things that have caused resets in the past just to TEST it.
    Still no resets.

That makes me very very happy.
    Looks like me and Chatter will be good friends for a long time.

But I am do have to say... This damn treo is TOO particular!