1.    #1  
    A couple of days ago I started getting a strange problem. When someone calls or I call them I cant hear them unless I put them on speaker phone. As such, and apart from this, sound seems to working fine - i.e. the phone rings with different tunes and works fine on speaker phone. My call volume is on full. I upgraded to latest firmware to see if this would fix it but to no avail. As part of this I ended up doing a soft and hard reset - again this has not fixed it. Any ideas?
    If you still have the problem on a clean system after a hard reset, you need to get the phone replaced.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Sounds like a hardware problem to me.

I concur-get it replaced.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Please look at other threads, which is refering to same problem. Just blow some air into the ear piece and it will come back.
    meanwhile...I can't see Claire!!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie
    A couple of days ago I started getting a strange problem. When someone calls or I call them I cant hear them unless I put them on speaker phone. As such, and apart from this, sound seems to working fine - i.e. the phone rings with different tunes and works fine on speaker phone. My call volume is on full. I upgraded to latest firmware to see if this would fix it but to no avail. As part of this I ended up doing a soft and hard reset - again this has not fixed it. Any ideas?
    Are you using a headset/earpiece when this happens? When the headsets ceases to work, it will cause the speakerphone option to be present because the Treo is not seeing a headset/earpiece/external listening device plugged in.

Replace the headset and the speakerphone option will go away and you will now be able to hear your callers through your headset.

On a side note; most CSR's or Techs dont even know that this problem exist or how to fix it. Replace your headset and all will be well again.
    ~ ScandaLous ~