1.    #1  
    Hey everyone...
    I'm going on a Train trip from Boston to DC next weekend and I want to watch Movies on the way down. I am going to buy PocketDVD studio (Seams like it's ***** proof) but do i have to buy MMPlayer? Could I used the Media Program in my GSM Treo 650 to play the movie? I can use it to play some music videos i have but they are in MPG format. Anyone Try this b4?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    pocketdvd studios only converts to avis, which only mmplater plays, afaikafaikafaik.

will palm desktop convert avi to mpg?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    pocketdvd studios only converts to avis, which only mmplater plays, afaikafaikafaik.

will palm desktop convert avi to mpg?
    good question... i'll try then when i get home...
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    It looks like it MAY play avi's...
    I found this in another post-
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...DIR#post598709

Let us know if this works. I'd like to find something simple to use to convert my DVD's to tkae with me.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    good question... i'll try then when i get home...

oh wait, I forgot.

you have another option. it is a no frills.

get a decrypter. i used dvd decrypter, but smartripper should work.
    rip the dvd to your harddrive.
    get 3g encoder. see http://treo.nostamps.net/
    you can now encode the vob file into 3gp.

i have only tried this once with The Village. It seemed to work, but 2 things stand out.

if you leave the media app, it wont remember where you left off.
    because of the vob are split up, you will have a couple of files per movie.

like i said, free, but no frills.
    Felipe
  6.    #6  
    well if you use the PalmOne Quick install program the AVI file from PQDVD will be converted to a ASF file. I was then able to play the file with Media... I wish it could do full screen but as far as it goes I was Happy with the results.

Timmay

btw Felipe I'll give that way a try... got some free time comming up this week...
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    well if you use the PalmOne Quick install program the AVI file from PQDVD will be converted to a ASF file. I was then able to play the file with Media... I wish it could do full screen but as far as it goes I was Happy with the results.

Timmay

btw Felipe I'll give that way a try... got some free time comming up this week...
    how long did it take to convert the file to asf?
    Felipe