Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I need some help replacing the antanna on my treo 650. It seems to be working, but with diminished reception. Anybody can help where I can buy this, palm wants to charge me $200. I think it's too much. Thanks.
    Hmmm...on the back of the Treo, is a rubber plug. It covers an external antenna jack. Perhaps you can plug Spots tail into it?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by maztreocenterl
    I need some help replacing the antanna on my treo 650. It seems to be working, but with diminished reception. Anybody can help where I can buy this, palm wants to charge me $200. I think it's too much. Thanks.
    Tell me how you know it's the antenna at fault? You done a ##debug with two Treo 650's, side by side, on the same channel?
    in steps evilghost
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    you beat me here by 3sec. damn
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Sorry, didn't see the original topic, did the dog really eat it? If so, ignore my previous post, however, it may be useful to determine if you are really experiencing some signal loss.
    Does the ##debug code work on Cingular locked 650's?

In the phone pad, I can dial #*377(enter) to get the last crashed app.. #*RTN(enter) works as well, but #*DEBUG(enter) doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone know what the code would be on Cingular?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Post some pics...
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  9.    #9  
    I figured out that the antenna is attached to the circuit board by a screw. There is a rubber cover, right at the base of the anetenna (no, it's not the one for the external antenna). If you remove that cover, you can unscrew the antenna.
    The plastic cover you see is just there to look good. I didn't compare it side by side, but at my house where I never got less than 3 bars, I sometimes lose signal alltogether.
    I was wondering where I'd buy such an antenna. And if the treo 600 antenna is the same, probably there are a few out there. Thanks.
    if my dog did that his a** would be ringing
    Attach the dog to the phone and use the dog as your antenna. That will teach him quick enough that he or she does NOT play with yoiur things.
    Adam West
    And another valuable lesson in keeping pricey electronics away from animals and small children. My husband can't figure out why the kids "don't tear up (my) stuff", but they "destroy" his stuff. Because I put MY stuff up where they can't get to it, you moron!

Seriously, though... My husband has the 600 & I have the 650. The antennae are shaped differently.
    Anyone ever figure out how to get a replacement antenna for a 650? I dropped my phone and my antenna literally broke off. Nothing on ebay as far as I can tell.
    Paying $5 a month for the Sprint replacement protection is sounding better and better . . . .

{Ran over my Palm Vx with a car once (was knocked off my belt clip as I got in the car). Didn't work too well after that . . . . . .}
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/10/2005 at 06:47 AM.
    What do you feel is a fair price for a new antenna?
    It's better to get State Farm Insurance. For $5 a month, it'll cover your Treo 650, your laptop and your 24" Dell monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Paying $5 a month for the Sprint replacement protection is sounding better and better . . . .

{Ran over my Palm Vx with a car once (was knocked off my belt clip as I got in the car). Didn't work to well after that . . . . . .}
    How fitting in a thread about an antenna eating pooch, that "puppyfriend" would reply.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Not sure about a fair price Zorro. Why do you ask? Do you have one you'd like to sell?
    I replaced my 600 antenna by watching ebay for people buying nonworking models; I emailed each one asking whether they needed the antenna and finally got one guy to sell me it for $20 which was a good deal for both of us. Had to fight him for the mounting screw though! He nicely sent it in the end.
    How the dog.........Why the dog...........your dog need his **** kicked Hard.
    I mean too much money...........Treo650...............God I'm speechless God!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast