Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I recently started a new job and got a blackberry for email, calender, etc. I would like to continue to use my treo 600 in the same capacity but I do not know of any software that will sync wirelessly and quickly up with my desktop the way the blackberry does. I tried the Sprint business connection but that is too slow and bascially sucks.

My blackberry automatically updates everything wirelessly, with no need to sync up to a desktop. DOes anyone know of any treo based software which is similar?
    well you can always network hotsync your Treo... or you could try Chatter for quasi-push email via idle IMAP server... The blackberry client that is the king of Palm Vaporware right now (promised a year ago!) is only going to be supported on Garnet Palm Devices (Treo 650, T5, E2, Zire 72...). Then there is always Good Link, it's a compeditor of Blackberry...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Another great competitor is Nexchange. It's not push but because it connects through Web Outlook, additional server software (and IT involvement) is not required. It syncronizes mail, calendar, notes and contacts. Currently in beta but who cares, I bought it anyway. There isn't anything else that fix my requirements:

+ I can't contact my company's IMAP because it's behind a firewall. If I use VPN software on my Palm, it's another peice of software to pay for and another peice of connectivity I have to rely on.

+ I'm not allowed to forward my email to an iMAP or other email account because of our security policies

+ I don't want to use a desktop-solution because I can't rely on a desktop always being on

+ Outside US, sender pays for SMS, so sync'ing that way would require a GSM modem (and another phone account)

+ Our company does have a mobile-compatible portal but it's web based and I don't want to log in. It's primary function and strength is in collaboration and EDM, not heavy email use.

From what I've seen on TreoCentral, my situation is fairly unique but that's my 2c anyways

-S
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    well you can always network hotsync your Treo... or you could try Chatter for quasi-push email via idle IMAP server... The blackberry client that is the king of Palm Vaporware right now (promised a year ago!) is only going to be supported on Garnet Palm Devices (Treo 650, T5, E2, Zire 72...). Then there is always Good Link, it's a compeditor of Blackberry...

Timmay
    Hi Timmay,

I've searched the doco but can't find any info about network sync for the T600. I can see the option in my HotSync menu... Can you direct me to the doco please?

-S
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Does the current version of Nexchange have e-mail access or is this just calendar, contact, memo and task sync? I am not clear on whether e-mail is part of this