1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

I'm about to install the software cd onto my laptop, in the manual it says to connect the charger cable to the mult-adaptor sync cable. Is this a MUST??? I'm at work and i don't have my charger with me. So will i need to wait until i get home in order to hook the charger cable to it? Or can i still perform the process? Let me know. Thanks,
    No, just use the sync cable, you'll be fine.
  3.    #3  
    thanks man
  4.    #4  
    Hey Workerforyouth,

Do i need to register my device w/ Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    Hey Workerforyouth,

Do i need to register my device w/ Palm?
    You are not required. But it's typically a good idea.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  6.    #6  
    thanks. Well what are the benefits of doing it? Is it better for me to do it than rather not do it??
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    thanks. Well what are the benefits of doing it? Is it better for me to do it than rather not do it??
    hmmm...well the same reasons you supposedly register anything. They have your serial number on record, they have your date of purchase on record. Supposedly this aids in any support you may need.

They also have your address and email so they can spam you with sometimes useful, sometimes useless information.

In addition, there are offers that they sometimes give registered users. 20% off accessories was a recent one.

I believe the free 128mb SD card was only given to registered users.

The benefit to you of saying that you are a "registered" Treo 650 owner. Kinda like saying you are a card carrying member of the NRA or the ACLU.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

8.    #8  
    Thanks
    can you carry cards for the NRA and ACLU at the sametime?
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr
    can you carry cards for the NRA and ACLU at the sametime?
    Well, it would create a rift in the space-time continuum.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

11.    #11  
    Just thought i'd give everyone an update. So my charger was at home and i was at work. So i ended up not getting home till like around 8:30pm. Anyway the first thing i did was grabbed my charger, powered up my laptop. Once that was powered i inserted the charger into the hot sync port. And..... EVERYTHING PICKED UP FROM WHERE IT STARTED!!!! ;-D

I didn't know if i was going to have to start the update over or what. I guess it automatically knew what to do b/c i didn't open anything on my laptop as far as the update or any application, it just booted right back up. I knew it worked b/c i checked the phone info. and it now has the 1.08 listed. Thanks everyone who replied with helpful info.