1.    #1  
    Ok, I have read and read and read and not help found yet. I am using XpressMail to get my corporate Lotus Notes mail. It worked fine the other day, but then suddenly stopped working.

I tried uninstall and re-install, but again, works for a day and then stops.

I opened the desktop client to see if I could see anything and I noticed that when I hit Sync on my 650 the desktop client disconnects and I get the S7121 error, stating "cannot connect to desktop". If I reconnect the client, it does the same thing again.

This is very frustrating...I am really hating XpressMail, but I need something that is similar (not office online), because I want my e-mail and calendar in a client, not through the web browser. Speaking of calendar, that never worked....nothing would sync if calendar sync was enabled....this software sux and Seven said their Beta program was full, so I couldn't get on it to give them my feedback...what a worthless piece of software...I wish somebody would come up with some decent desktop / redirector software like Blackberry has....when I had Blackberry I never had issues with getting my Notes mail on my device.

I love the Treo, but the available software for desktop redirection sucks.

Anyway, if anyone can help, I would appreciate it, otherwise I will keep searching for the best solution.
    Last edited by vnvnation; 04/07/2005 at 10:04 AM.
    I thought I posted about this somewhere but I can't find the link. More than likely you are hitting a slow Domino server issue that is aggravated by lots of contacts or an active calendar. To test this theory go to your preferences on the device and disable the calendar and then sync to see if you still get S7121 error. If it works then re-enable the calendar but reduce the window which I seem to remember is 2 weeks back and 4 weeks forward. Set it to 1 day forward and one day back to start and sync, observe, increase again if it is still working until you hit the threshold. The good news is if it is this type of problem then it will ~likely~ be fixed in the next update at Cingular as this issue is something that was seen in the SEVEN Beta program. Of course I can't guarantee this is the issue but there were a number of Domino people stuck on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by vnvnation
    Ok, I have read and read and read and not help found yet. I am using XpressMail to get my corporate Lotus Notes mail. It worked fine the other day, but then suddenly stopped working.

I tried uninstall and re-install, but again, works for a day and then stops.

I opened the desktop client to see if I could see anything and I noticed that when I hit Sync on my 650 the desktop client disconnects and I get the S7121 error, stating "cannot connect to desktop". If I reconnect the client, it does the same thing again.

This is very frustrating...I am really hating XpressMail, but I need something that is similar (not office online), because I want my e-mail and calendar in a client, not through the web browser. Speaking of calendar, that never worked....nothing would sync if calendar sync was enabled....this software sux and Seven said their Beta program was full, so I couldn't get on it to give them my feedback...what a worthless piece of software...I wish somebody would come up with some decent desktop / redirector software like Blackberry has....when I had Blackberry I never had issues with getting my Notes mail on my device.

I love the Treo, but the available software for desktop redirection sucks.

Anyway, if anyone can help, I would appreciate it, otherwise I will keep searching for the best solution.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    I thought I posted about this somewhere but I can't find the link. More than likely you are hitting a slow Domino server issue that is aggravated by lots of contacts or an active calendar. To test this theory go to your preferences on the device and disable the calendar and then sync to see if you still get S7121 error.

I don't get the error when I do the above, but my software still disconnects and reconnects, then finally disconnects for good, unless I re-install the software, then it works once, then stops working again. I really think it's a sw issue that needs a fix.

If it works then re-enable the calendar but reduce the window which I seem to remember is 2 weeks back and 4 weeks forward. Set it to 1 day forward and one day back to start and sync, observe, increase again if it is still working until you hit the threshold.

Tried the above too, but it did not help either.

The good news is if it is this type of problem then it will ~likely~ be fixed in the next update at Cingular as this issue is something that was seen in the SEVEN Beta program. Of course I can't guarantee this is the issue but there were a number of Domino people stuck on this one.
    I truly hope so...I really think it is a sw issue that needs a fix.
    vnvnation - check your Private messages when you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by vnvnation
    I truly hope so...I really think it is a sw issue that needs a fix.
    Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Most of the times I need to disable calendar to sync my email. To sync the calendar, I sync it week by week until it reaches point where it always drop the connection.
    Have you find any solution for this?

Thanks
    Bubu