Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1. gaurav
    gaurav's Avatar
       #1  
    Howdy folks -

    I've had my 650 (Cingular) for two weeks now - still in the honeymoon period. This is my first post here, although i've been evesdropping for a month.
    The purpose of this post is just to say Hi!

    I'm still in "stock" mode as I haven't had time to upgrade / install any software (maybe this weekend). It still does almost everything my IPAQ 2215 can and then some.

    I'm having some of the same problems as everybody else - low speaker volume, resets, voicemail number etc. My pet peeve is the backlight going on and off every two minutes when i'm in a low signal zone (i.e. home and work).

    But i'm not complaining much as I think the "jack of all" approach is expected to bring along it's own set of problems. As long as Palm continues to support and enhance the product - i'm happy.

    The one issue that prevented me from using my IPAQ to its full potential was that it couldn't keep my personal and work info seperate. What i want is to have my personal stuff on my home PC and work stuff on the work PC and a combined view on the PDA. One way to do it would be to have the option to select the categories that each pc synchronizes with but i couldn't find a piece of software that could do that reliably on the IPAQ.

    Although i haven't tried it on my Treo i was wondering if others have tried and what the best way to do this could be.

    Gaurav
  2. #2  
    I deflowered my Treo 650 after I fell in-love with it. I also seduced it with alcohol and before long I was taking the back of the battery cover off! OMFG was that hot. I poked the reset port with my stylus at least 15 times over the last week. Suprisingly, I've had my Treo 650 for almost 2 months now and I still find that I'm poking the reset port with my stylus and pulling the battery covery off almost as much as when I first started!

    That LCD screen is just hot.
  3. #3  
    There's a new firmware version available to fix the voicemail issue, etc. It's on the PalmOne website. During the 1st week of ownership, I had the reset issues as well and as soon as I deleted and dumped Versamail, replacing it with Snappermail, the resets stopped. Cause and effect...hmmm.
    Tony
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I deflowered my Treo 650 after I fell in-love with it. I also seduced it with alcohol and before long I was taking the back of the battery cover off! OMFG was that hot. I poked the reset port with my stylus at least 15 times over the last week. Suprisingly, I've had my Treo 650 for almost 2 months now and I still find that I'm poking the reset port with my stylus and pulling the battery covery off almost as much as when I first started!

    That LCD screen is just hot.
    Starting early this morning, eh?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Starting early this morning, eh?
    I got up early and am working from home today
  6. #6  
    I too am in love with my Treo, or rather my "Treolicious" as I call her.

    The sleek smooth contours of her body. That glowing come hither look from her winking green eye.

    I'll never forget the first time we were cheek to cheek. I had just carried her into my living room. I gazed upon her beauty. I caressed her buttons, and drew her in. I knew at that instant, Treolicious was my true love.

    Since then, we are never apart. I take her to work with me. I've introduced her to my friends and family. They see the joy Treolicious has brought me.

    O' Treolicious, how I love thee.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by holminator
    There's a new firmware version available to fix the voicemail issue, etc. It's on the PalmOne website. During the 1st week of ownership, I had the reset issues as well and as soon as I deleted and dumped Versamail, replacing it with Snappermail, the resets stopped. Cause and effect...hmmm.
    How do you delete VersaMail?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I deflowered my Treo 650 after I fell in-love with it. I also seduced it with alcohol and before long I was taking the back of the battery cover off! OMFG was that hot. I poked the reset port with my stylus at least 15 times over the last week. Suprisingly, I've had my Treo 650 for almost 2 months now and I still find that I'm poking the reset port with my stylus and pulling the battery covery off almost as much as when I first started!

    That LCD screen is just hot.
    eg - that was hilarious man.
  9. #9  
    I think you've scared him into silence...he will never commit the sin of starting a pointless thread again.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    How do you delete VersaMail?
    Because you laughed at my joke I will withhold my flame from consuming you (read as abort on Flame-Strike level 9). Short answer is if you're a Sprint user check out shadowmite.com, you have to flash with a custom rom to remove it since it is a ROM application. There are a plethora of threads out there that can take it from there.

    If you ask for more details in this thread I will be forced to verbally abuse you
  11. gaurav
    gaurav's Avatar
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    I think you've scared him into silence...he will never commit the sin of starting a pointless thread again.
    although i find the conversation funny, i'm silent coz the thread has already gone 8 posts without someone actually reading thru and attempting to answer my question. The intention was not to start a pointless thread but that's exactly what it seems to have become.
    Last edited by gaurav; 04/07/2005 at 10:06 AM. Reason: should've quoted
  12. #12  
    same w/me I've been lurking/learning for a bit.

    Anyway... I just dumped nextel after a long and tumultuous affair.lol

    I got the treo 650 from sprint, about a week or so ago.

    Even w/the 1.08 upgrade the low speaker volume and nearly useless speaker phone are REAL issues. I can't imagine being able to use it out on a boat or w/the top down...

    I ordered the HBH660 headset, we'll see how that works. Outside of those real issues, I'm lovin' mine.

    It's great to be able to put working documents/e-mail/www sites onto something other than a static medium. Rather than bringing discs home or sending them to my home office I can carry my "live" documents in my pocket and work on them. With the SD card I'm plannning to replace(substitute) my ipod (though I'm yet to do this, in theory it seems workable??).

    I've yet to have any issues w/resets. I've downloaded a few apps.
    launcher X,pTunes,Ringo,Skinner,treo alarm,YiShow and a couple games. and a TreoCentral start up/close screen from shadowmite!

    I've got some q's but through searching I've found many answered here allready.

    Great site!
    Joe
  13. #13  
    Sir, my Treolicious is not pointless to me...I am merely express my joy. Way to **** on my happiness
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14. #14  
    I understand the custom rom method of deleting it, but did not want to go that route. i thought holminator may have some other super secret method of getting rid of all or some of it.

    so whats this shadowmite thing you speak of?
  15. #15  
    Insertion, stay true to that Treo. When I used a Nextel phone I found my Treo 650 became increasingly more hostile and vindictive. Hell hath no fury like a Treo scorned.

    Sometimes I think my Treo locks up just so it can get it's reset port poked with my sylus.

    Bedazzle that Treolicious!
  16. #16  
    sorry.. whole reason I replied was to tell you to check out this thread discussing a hacked version of profiles for the 650...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=profiles
  17. gaurav
    gaurav's Avatar
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by broomhead
    sorry.. whole reason I replied was to tell you to check out this thread discussing a hacked version of profiles for the 650...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=profiles
    THANKS! - i'll check it out
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Insertion, stay true to that Treo. When I used a Nextel phone I found my Treo 650 became increasingly more hostile and vindictive. Hell hath no fury like a Treo scorned.

    Sometimes I think my Treo locks up just so it can get it's reset port poked with my sylus.

    Bedazzle that Treolicious!
    I've seen you endorse bedazzling a couple times...is this a secret desire of yours? I'm thinking something from the camo line...
  19. #19  
    Heck yeah! After I saw that "iced up" Canadian Treo 650 with all those jewels, I thought to myself "OMFG, tee hee hee, I can bedazzle mine for less, tee hee hee!". I'm trying to secretly spread the word. I've also contacted HGTV and TLC in hopes I can do a "What not to wear: Treo 650" and MTV with "Pimp my Treo".
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav
    although i find the conversation funny, i'm silent coz the thread has already gone 8 posts without someone actually reading thru and attempting to answer my question. The intention was not to start a pointless thread but that's exactly what it seems to have become.
    I think it would have returned quicker results if you would have just asked your ending question rather than begin with all the personal info.

    Since you've been lurking here for awhile, you have to have noticed these guys are short on patience and, sometimes, attention span. By taking so long to ask your question, you lost them on both.

    They mean well and genuinely help when warranted, but sometimes get very goofy. You can usually count on them for at least one embarassing, laugh-out-loud-in-public thread per day.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions