1.    #1  
    Hey Gang! I've "lurked" for a few weeks after getting my 650 and figured it was time to post and introduce myself.

I have search through the forums (as well as the internet) and cannot seem to find an answer to my question.

If I am on the internet, and I receive a text message, and I go to reply to the message, I can't get back to where I was on the web without starting from the beginning. Is there a way to flip between apps and bring the web back up where I was?

Drew
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdgr
    Hey Gang! I've "lurked" for a few weeks after getting my 650 and figured it was time to post and introduce myself.

I have search through the forums (as well as the internet) and cannot seem to find an answer to my question.

If I am on the internet, and I receive a text message, and I go to reply to the message, I can't get back to where I was on the web without starting from the beginning. Is there a way to flip between apps and bring the web back up where I was?

Drew
    In the application preferences under the 'page' tab select 'start with' last
    page viewed.

Hope this helps,
    a'
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arn0
    In the application preferences under the 'page' tab select 'start with' last page viewed.
    What he said.

This has always bothered me about PalmOS devices. I really wish they designed some sort of "multi-tasking" feature, so users could switch quickly between apps. Fortunately, most apps are smart enough to remember their state when exited, so when a user returns to the app, it returns to it's last-used state.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now
    There are some good apps (McPhling I think, as well as the QuickLaunch Anywhere feature in zLauncher) that allows you to switch back and forth between applications without returning to the launcher.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Hey Scotty, how do you access the Quickluanch feature in ZL when you are in an app?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    Hey Scotty, how do you access the Quickluanch feature in ZL when you are in an app?
    Zlauncer...
    Menu...
    Options...
    ZL prefs...
    Quick Launch...

Customize it the way you want.
    I have Quick launch assigned to my mail (#3) hardbutton. Then i put my email app (chatter) number one on the list.
    So you can only quicklaunch one speific app from somewhere else?
    McPhling lets you switch between the lst 2 applications with the press of a button. It also shows a pop-up menu of applications to switch to directly, without going through a launcher.

http://mikemccollister.com/palm/#McPhling
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    How do you use this quicklaunch anywhere feature... i cant figure it out...
    Do you have zLauncher 5.2? It didn't work for me in previous releases on my 650
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Do you have zLauncher 5.2? It didn't work for me in previous releases on my 650
    I have 5.2 but it worked fine with previous versions.

Zlauncher, menu, options, zlpreferences, quick launch tab.
    Under favorites pick how many apps you want in the quicklaunch list,
    then use the "edit" to pick your apps.

Check quicklaunch anywhere, then open setup.
    I uncheck the top three options and instead check button.
    I assign "apps" to my mail hard button (i select custom then press the hard button).
    I dont use last.
    But now that you mention it...
    I do believe i read that any version before 5.0 required a hack install to use quicklaunch with the 600 or the 650.

But that is not necessary anymore.
    It works VERY well for me and I dont know how i would live without it now!

I suppose I could find something else worth living for....