1.    #1  
    PLEASE develop a program for the 650 to fill the void created by CallFilter.
    Thanks
  2.    #2  
    I repeat!
    CallShield is on it's way...
    How many times have we heard that? Do you actually have inside information that the developer is back from his family crisis and working on it?

Or do I have it backwards? Is it the CF developer who had the crisis? If that's the case, then I have to admit to being even more skeptical about CS, given how long the 650's been out.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Marc should be hired by PalmOne. He and the people at Verichat clearly have a strong following. Another great developer is the guy that does Profilecare. Very willing to take suggestions, etc. The only reason I decided ultimately to not use his program was that it was a bit unstable on my Treo, and way too complicated for my simple needs. Thank god for trials!

Anyway, I hope Marc can do something to replace Callfilter. One of the reasons I got the Treo was to have the features of that program.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    How many times have we heard that? Do you actually have inside information that the developer is back from his family crisis and working on it?

Or do I have it backwards? Is it the CF developer who had the crisis? If that's the case, then I have to admit to being even more skeptical about CS, given how long the 650's been out.
    There is a CallS.. Beta 2.5 floating around, and heard (read somewhere) that is not bad, and more or less stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    There is a CallS.. Beta 2.5 floating around, and heard (read somewhere) that is not bad, and more or less stable.
    Yes I have downloaded one at http://www.mantragroup.com/downloads...eldPro-2.5.prc and trying to use it.
    Aaaaaand???
    Aaaaaand if you enable callshield for any reason at all, if anyone calls you and hangs up before you answer the phone, or before their call is forwarded to voicemail, the "ENTIRE TREO LOCKS UP"! Why is that considered more or less stable?
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Why is that considered more or less stable?
    Because when it works it is more stable and when it doesn't work it is LESS STABLE.
    LOL...

Oooooops, didn't read about that, Sorry
    I have been using callshield 2.5a for about 2 weeks now and no problems. I have never seen callfilter, but I definetly like callshield better than mring, ringo and mp3 ringer.

GSM 650, Cingular, FW 1.05
    CNG Locked 650.

Life is a lesson, you learn it when you're through.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Aaaaaand if you enable callshield for any reason at all, if anyone calls you and hangs up before you answer the phone, or before their call is forwarded to voicemail, the "ENTIRE TREO LOCKS UP"! Why is that considered more or less stable?
    This problem is only on CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Treos at the moment.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    This problem is only on CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Treos at the moment.
    Yes, CallShield should run without any problems on 650 GSMs. However, we are yet to determine the correct settings on Sprint. CDMA (Sprint) and GSM devices behave differently and we will keep trying till we find some clue as how to make CallShield possible on 650 CDMA devices.
    No, Marc should not be hired by PalmOne. That is exactly the reason why he is the type of person/developer that he is. We've lost too many good ones to the corporate slaveship.

Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Marc should be hired by PalmOne. He and the people at Verichat clearly have a strong following. Another great developer is the guy that does Profilecare. Very willing to take suggestions, etc. The only reason I decided ultimately to not use his program was that it was a bit unstable on my Treo, and way too complicated for my simple needs. Thank god for trials!

Anyway, I hope Marc can do something to replace Callfilter. One of the reasons I got the Treo was to have the features of that program.