Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to TrackerDog, the latest version of VoiceDial is 1.0.24 and the one on the p1 website is 1.0.22. I checked p1's website and the VoiceDial website but no sign of an update. Is this another false positive from TrackerDog?
    There is an update in the works... I was emailed it by accident from VoiceSignal (2 or 3 weeks ago). I will tell you that it was promptly deleted, the reconition went from 98% to about 30%. I went back to the original version, but I expect an updated version soon.

Edit: I just looked at the file, and it is indeed 1.0.24
    I just realized that I havent tried it with the 1.08 firmware. Maybe I will give it a shot tomorrow and see if there is a difference.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Are there any differences in the GUI, voice quality, etc...anything other than some bug fixes? How about the fix where you store a number with *82 in the front of it. This creates an issue with mine as these numbers do not show up.

rob
    How about making it work with Bluetooth headsets? Wouldn't that be nifty?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    The content of the email was such that I believe they were troubleshooting a fix for someone that had been reporting issues. I sent them a reply stating that I didn't have any troubles and asked what this version "fixed" Her reply was extremely vague. It just said there were some very minor issues. That was the last time I heard anything.

There were no major changes that I am aware of.

IT DID NOT allow the BT headset.

I have now idea about the *82 thing.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    The content of the email was such that I believe they were troubleshooting a fix for someone that had been reporting issues. I sent them a reply stating that I didn't have any troubles and asked what this version "fixed" Her reply was extremely vague. It just said there were some very minor issues. That was the last time I heard anything.

There were no major changes that I am aware of.

IT DID NOT allow the BT headset.

I have now idea about the *82 thing.
    Here is the *82 thing:

Change one of your numbers in your contacts to have *82 in front of the number (turns off caller blocking). Try speaking that name in voicedial and that number will not come up, for some reason...I had to remove this throughout my contacts just to get it to work.

rob
    I am sure its ok to post the file as it still needs to be registered.
    As I said though, I deleted it becuase it was horrible.

I will find it when I get to my office.

Staff,
    Please let me know if this is not ok
    It seems I am unable to attach the file. I think the size is preventing it from uploading.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    the bluetooth headset problem is not Voicesignal it is PALMONE
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    the bluetooth headset problem is not Voicesignal it is PALMONE
    I Know thats what they say, but I disagree.

I am unable to get voice dial to play thru my earpiece on the T650. Voice signal uses a profile that makes it dependant on the external speaker... Just like Pocket Tunes. Maybe that type of program has no other options.
    Treo 650 voice dialing by VoiceSignal

By Larry Garfield, Wednesday 17 November 2004

palmOne is now offering a voice dialing application for the Treo 650, based on VoiceSignal's voice recognition system. The application, which requires approximately 1 MB of RAM, supports speaker-independent voice recognition for all entries in the Treo's Contacts list as well as digit-dial. It can be activated via the auxiliary button on the side of the Treo or by the call button on the included wired handset. At the moment activation by a Bluetooth headset is not available, but VoiceSignal's application does support it and the company says an update to support Bluetooth voice dialing is on its way.
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5550.html
    God, but that would be NICE!!! I can't BELIEVE such a simple function could be FORGOTTEN on a device like this! It is the main reason I have held off on putting the VoiceSignal program on my 650. It's a neat program, but not being able to activate it from the headset seems like a HUGE miss! Who's working on this update? PalmOne or VoiceSignal? If it's the latter we might actually see it some day!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I downloaded the trial version of Voicedial from P1's website, and there was an error message when it tried to activate my contacts, resulting in my not being able to use Voicedial at all. P1's tech support tried to help, but was not able to, so they referred me to Voicedial, who told me today that they know about a problem, and are working on a patch to be released soon. I gave them my email address so they can notify me when it is available.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    well since NOBODY can or has made a program that passes phone audio to the palm apps I'd have to say IT IS A PALMONE problem..search and you will read about people trying to get at the phone audio with no luck..If this wasn't true all the voice recording programs would also record phone conversations...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    post from pdaphonehome.com made by a Voicesignal employee:

"Hi - great question since it comes up a lot on various threads...

This is really a question for Palmone since our app is agnostic to the wherever the audio comes from (i.e. - handset mic, wired headset, BT headset, car-kit, etc...). By this I mean that it is really not a VoiceSignal issue of "supporting BT" b/c to us, the phone platform just delivers sound to us and we don't care where it came from.

The answer to this question is that on Treo 650, the BT sound is not made available to Palm OS apps (where we reside) as it is exclusively for the phone side. Thus, NO Treo 650 apps can get to it!

As an example of how users would LIKE to see BT + VoiceSignal, I can point to the Motorola V710 (CDMA Verizon flip phone) where Motorola did the integration between BT audio and phone apps (in this case, not a PDA) and thus when the V710 user is connected via BT, they retain the ability to us VoiceSignal because the BT headset button will launch the VoiceSignal app and the user can control the phone just as if they were holding it up to their head, only this time over BT. So... point is, it can be done as you are probably looking for it... the question really is, when can Treo 650 deliver the same user experience.

Palmone is very aware of this situation, if from nowhere else than from threads like this, but also from the Produce Reviewers out there who have picked it up. They will address this as soon as they can, but I would not hold my breath for it on 650 since it is an architectural issue.

As with anything, the more users who ask for it, the more it becomes a priority.

Our problem at VoiceSignal is that people are viewing this as a knock on the app when it is really out of our control

In any case, this issue happens to be one that all of us here at VoiceSignal are now raising early on into new handset projects so that our OEM partners can plan accordingly. I expect that it will eventually become a standard and expected capability as more and more devices are launched with BT as well as with VoiceSignal - both of which are relatively new features in the whoe scope of the industry.

hope this helps..."
    Informative post and seems to make sense. If you have the T650 mounted in a cradle and you activate voice signal by reaching for the button and clearly speak the name or command from approx 3 feet away in a car, will the application work?

Thanks...
    yes it works for me. I have mine mounted in a cradle from radioshack on the AC vent. You have to speak a little louder but it recognizes it. Afterwards it dials and connects to the bluetooth device (in my case driveblue from Parrot.)
    Yep, not the applications at fault here... doubt there is anything they could do on their end... balls in PalmOne's court... has been for a while.
    ... works with a bluetooth adapter and a 600 though right?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast