Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    It doesn't work with the 600 AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $but$ $it$ $does$ $work$ $an$ $adapter$ $and$ $650$
  2. #22  
    Really? cool!

    I'm going to pick up a Jabra A210 off ebay and will confirm with you later, thanks.

    Now, assuming that it DOES work...

    It's interesting about it's working properly with the 650 and an adapter though, isn't it?

    To overstate the obvious, that means that the adapter itself is a normally functioning BT device and the Treo 650 isn't... again, painfully obvious... but consider this:

    You can pick up a Jabra BT adapter at this point on ebay for about $20-30.

    How sad for the 650 and PalmOne.

    Thank you.
    Tundy
    www.treo650update.com
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Really? cool!

    I'm going to pick up a Jabra A210 off ebay and will confirm with you later, thanks.

    Now, assuming that it DOES work...

    It's interesting about it's working properly with the 650 and an adapter though, isn't it?

    To overstate the obvious, that means that the adapter itself is a normally functioning BT device and the Treo 650 isn't... again, painfully obvious... but consider this:

    You can pick up a Jabra BT adapter at this point on ebay for about $20-30.

    How sad for the 650 and PalmOne.
    Its not suprising!
    The adapter only interacts with 650 as a WIRED device. All wired headsets will work with VoiceSignal.

    Thank you.
    Tundy
    www.treo650update.com
    Its not suprising at all!
    The adapter interacts with the 650 as a WIRED device. All wired devices will work with VoiceSignal. The adapter also lets you listen to Pocket Tunes or Audible books as well.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Here is the *82 thing:

    Change one of your numbers in your contacts to have *82 in front of the number (turns off caller blocking). Try speaking that name in voicedial and that number will not come up, for some reason...I had to remove this throughout my contacts just to get it to work.

    rob

    This is exactly the reason I haven't decided to buy it yet. I hate that it doesn't handle the *82 numbers!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  5. #25  
    I'm sure this is already of note, but I use a BT250 and their adaptor and voice dial works fine. A bit of a pain to carry the adaptor, but for the annoyance factor I'm pleased with the results...
  6. #26  
    I thought I would be (even w/o BT support, but I won't beat THAT dead horse), but it can't even get simple names right! For example, "Call Paul Brickwood Mobile" confuses the HELL out of it! This is a colleague I call two or three times a day! Its slightly better if I say "Call" then wait for it to prompt me for the name, then say "Paul Brickwood Mobile". Here is an example of some of the things it confuses "Paul Brickwood" with:
    James Speed Mobile
    Integrity Animal Hospital
    Greg Zier
    Just as few examples. Its annoying. Just another thing for me to add to the list of disappointments. I know no one at P1 listens or cares, but man owning a Treo can be aggravating sometimes. I hate to bring up Tundy and his annoying posts, but sometimes I know how he feels.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I thought I would be (even w/o BT support, but I won't beat THAT dead horse), but it can't even get simple names right! For example, "Call Paul Brickwood Mobile" confuses the HELL out of it! This is a colleague I call two or three times a day! Its slightly better if I say "Call" then wait for it to prompt me for the name, then say "Paul Brickwood Mobile". Here is an example of some of the things it confuses "Paul Brickwood" with:
    James Speed Mobile
    Integrity Animal Hospital
    Greg Zier
    Just as few examples. Its annoying. Just another thing for me to add to the list of disappointments. I know no one at P1 listens or cares, but man owning a Treo can be aggravating sometimes. I hate to bring up Tundy and his annoying posts, but sometimes I know how he feels.

    You might try something simpler, like " Call Paul on his moble"
    Shortening the way I speak my contacts has helped quite a bit. I rarely get a mismatch or no match found.
  8. #28  
    What about users who have 5,500+ contacts? Does anyone know if that's been addressed?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I thought I would be (even w/o BT support, but I won't beat THAT dead horse), but it can't even get simple names right! For example, "Call Paul Brickwood Mobile" confuses the HELL out of it! This is a colleague I call two or three times a day! Its slightly better if I say "Call" then wait for it to prompt me for the name, then say "Paul Brickwood Mobile". Here is an example of some of the things it confuses "Paul Brickwood" with:
    James Speed Mobile
    Integrity Animal Hospital
    Greg Zier
    Just as few examples. Its annoying. Just another thing for me to add to the list of disappointments. I know no one at P1 listens or cares, but man owning a Treo can be aggravating sometimes. I hate to bring up Tundy and his annoying posts, but sometimes I know how he feels.
    I noticed a huge difference by saying "Call Paul Brickwood AT mobile" For some reason adding the "AT" makes a big difference for me.
  10. #30  
    Thanks to both of you. I'll try that tonight. In a fit of RAGE I deleted the program last night. Do you mess with the sensitivity settings at all?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    but it can't even get simple names right! For example, "Call Paul Brickwood Mobile" confuses the HELL out of it! This is a colleague I call two or three times a day! Its slightly better if I say "Call" then wait for it to prompt me for the name, then say "Paul Brickwood Mobile".
    The only one it frustrated me on was Chris Lubicich which I responded to by saying it slower or trying to annunciate it better....that makes it worse. My problem after lookin him up by typing was that I had it in as Christopher Lubicich.

    The other problem is that my manual export / input from Lotus Organizer t the Palm Desktop left off suffices like Jr, Sr, MD, PE, etc. So I been adding them manually when I notice one. Once I did myself, I could no longer get VD to recognize my own name so I could call my office. Knew to look at my name and how it appears and now when I say "Call Jack Naylor PE at work", only one name comes up....before the suffix add, I'd be the first of 3 and I had to do the "Call Jack Naylor ?"..."Pardon" ? (cause I answered too fast) thing.

    I have no problems now as long as I get the name said as it appears in the contacts book.
  12. #32  
    Also I turned off the choice list. It was annoying that it always had the name right but it still said "did you say..." It doesn't do that anymore and that makes me happy!
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    The only one it frustrated me on was Chris Lubicich which I responded to by saying it slower or trying to annunciate it better....that makes it worse. My problem after lookin him up by typing was that I had it in as Christopher Lubicich.

    The other problem is that my manual export / input from Lotus Organizer t the Palm Desktop left off suffices like Jr, Sr, MD, PE, etc. So I been adding them manually when I notice one. Once I did myself, I could no longer get VD to recognize my own name so I could call my office. Knew to look at my name and how it appears and now when I say "Call Jack Naylor PE at work", only one name comes up....before the suffix add, I'd be the first of 3 and I had to do the "Call Jack Naylor ?"..."Pardon" ? (cause I answered too fast) thing.

    I have no problems now as long as I get the name said as it appears in the contacts book.
    Well, Paul Brickwood is Paul Brickwood in my contacts. James Speed and Integrity Animal Hospital aren't even close. Not to mention those are just a single example. It comes up with EVERYONE but Paul 90% of the time. Frustrating. At first I thought perhaps the road noise from my car was the culprit, but it does it when I'm indoors in a relatively quiet environment. The same type of environment that all of my employee's phones (with Voicesignal software embedded) work fine.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Also I turned off the choice list. It was annoying that it always had the name right but it still said "did you say..." It doesn't do that anymore and that makes me happy!

    I, too, would like to turn the freaking list off, but if it's not getting things right I'd call everyone else all the time. At least with the list Paul is occasionally the second or third choice.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  15. JayL's Avatar
    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #35  
    I def notice it works WAY better digit dialing than name dialing...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions